Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
how does this part come out? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

how does this part come out?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It pulls upward, and slightly rearward, with a solid yank. Knobs don't even need to be removed. Most likely, one or more of the metal spring clips (#11) will come off and/or fall into the center tunnel abyss. A magnetic retrieval tool helps to find them. 

• Like 1

Yep as the above, use a trim tool to prise it off, work bit by bit around the edge, on my S1 interior I don't need to take the knobs off or gear knob to just get access behind it.

One clip on mine was held on super tight and the trim panel would not fully release.  For ages I was looking for a hidden fastening that did not exist but then just threw caution to the wind and put some more force on the prising tool and the panel popped off.