Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
380 Exige Rear Tires V 410 Exige Rear Tires - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

380 Exige Rear Tires V 410 Exige Rear Tires

Hi all

Hopefully the Exige experts out there can give some advice....

Just had my Cup2s on Exige 380 replaced. ..they looked a bit different and further investigation revealed they are 285/30/17 as found on the 380 Cup/410, rather than the 265/35/18 I had previous , which is a standard 380 rear. {New fronts are the same}

Question I have: will this cause any issues with rubbing, handing differences, TC etc. Any help would be great..

Thanks in Advance . Pete

spacer.png

Wheels are 10X18 like a 410....offset looks same as 410 but might not be. There tires are extremely flush with the rear guard now and look "right"

Hesitant to put a spacer in there as that would push them out even further.....I'll run it a while as is and if rubs, I want it to hit on the inner tub , not the guard:-)

If it does touch, I'll pop the 3mm spacers in there.

So did they fit a 285 tyre without consulting with you first? I presume that you got a set of after market forged wheels with the right offset if you don't experience any rubbing.

Personally I wouldn't like to increase the rear contact patch in isolation. You are adding more grip to the rear which would in return enhance understeer. 

Haha...something like that.. There's only a couple of 380's in Australia so not much info/experience with them, lots of 410's so an easy mistake to make. I own the thing and didn't even know there was a difference!  Yes the 285mm Cup 2 looks a lot better and takes away that look of the 380 rear being under the guard too far, plus the extra contact patch 🙂

Hi @Pete Hughes- I've got 285/30/18's on my 380 too (previous owner fitted them). OEM wheels and no spacers. No issues so far that I've noticed. 

Side note, do you know how many 380's there actually are in Australia? I've only found accounted for 6 so far (including our two).

Hi Jang....Another Aussie 380 !  I've heard there are 4, and two 380 Cup's....total 6. I've  also heard one of the 380 sports has been upgraded to cool charging and far more HP with Komotec goodies. One of the 380 Cups is blue and was used on a TV story back in the day..

Thanks for info on tires...peace of mind:-)

Wow, rarer than I thought - hopefully that helps their values in the long run!

I do have photos of 6 different (non-Cup) 380's, but even still including the Cups it sounds like the total is in single digits.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 13/02/2022 at 20:47, Pete Hughes said:

Just a follow up... after 2200 in 4 days around Tasmania , with spirited driving and some pretty big bumps etcs....not one bit of rubbing of the rears....

The nut.jpg

Hi, thanks for the update. I find myself hunting for the original size 265/35 cup 2’s but there is no stock anywhere in the uk. With reference to the 285/30 fitment on your car. Are you running standard ride height with bilsteins on standard 380 sport forged rims?
Im keen to fit the more readily available 285/30’s but not keen on fitting spacers even if it’s only 3mm, your experience suggests there would be no need.

14 minutes ago, Revlover said:

Hi, thanks for the update. I find myself hunting for the original size 265/35 cup 2’s but there is no stock anywhere in the uk. With reference to the 285/30 fitment on your car. Are you running standard ride height with bilsteins on standard 380 sport forged rims?
Im keen to fit the more readily available 285/30’s but not keen on fitting spacers even if it’s only 3mm, your experience suggests there would be no need.

Standard ride height. Standard Bilsteins. Standard 380 Sport set up. No rubbing what's so ever 🙂

You can fit 285's with confidence.

• 3 weeks later...

From what I’ve read, there is no rubbing at the back. There is some rubbing at the front at maximum wheel lock (left and right). However, wheel is rubbing on the plastic at full lock even with the 215 wheels and 1.5 deg camber. Since it’s only at full lock, it shouldn’t be a problem. Will test and report… but it will take a while, since my front cup2 resist to die 😂