Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Cost of living! - Page 4 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Cost of living!

Bibs

• Gold FFM

And the SNP just keep piling it on. Comes in to effect in March this year.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/19908398.astonishing-snp-minister-jenny-gilruth-confirms-no-upper-limit-fee-workplace-parking-levy/

The bar had been set by Nottingham where an employer with more than 10 parking spaces pays £400 per space, it turns out not even the sky is a limit anymore. 

Signature not working...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Moving south won't save you, take Nottingham as an example. Other councils will take note and see it as a feasible revenue stream and then label it under a 'green initiative'. 

• Sad 1

Signature not working...

Anyone got any bright ideas how to shelter their savings from inflation?  The savings are currently earning 0.6% interest and inflation is running at 5.4% (or 7.5% RPI).

Not sure about buying shares at the moment as the stock market seems high.

Any idea's welcome.

1 hour ago, Mark Blanchard said:

Anyone got any bright ideas how to shelter their savings from inflation?  The savings are currently earning 0.6% interest and inflation is running at 5.4% (or 7.5% RPI).

Not sure about buying shares at the moment as the stock market seems high.

Any idea's welcome.

million dollar question !!! lots of interesting info out there but many pundits disagree with each other, hedging ones bets with a few plays and some in cash, personally i enjoy watching https://www.youtube.com/c/MoneyandMarketswithDominicFrisby  for info

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Sit tight chap - there’s a crash a coming

That’s what I’ve been doing.  A mate in the city said the same too.  I wish it would hurray up though!

3 hours ago, windymiller said:

million dollar question !!! lots of interesting info out there but many pundits disagree with each other, hedging ones bets with a few plays and some in cash, personally i enjoy watching https://www.youtube.com/c/MoneyandMarketswithDominicFrisby  for info

Thanks for the link, I’ll give it a watch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

But if the gold scrap price falls before you’ve converted it into cash, that would be a lot of time and effort invested for not much reward.

We are talking retirement fund mate. Over the medium term I am looking at Gold prices invariably rise. I have sovereigns I bought 12 years ago that I paid £230 for. Now they are £320

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

mr frisby see's gold as breaking on the upside, if theres a "correction" on the horizon precious metals and cyrpto will be the safe haven ?? unless crypto leaks too in which case gold it is !!! although certain lego sets have beaten gold in rise of value historically but my nephews trashed all my toys that would all be worth good money now !!! 😔

My Brother in law is a Lego nut. He always buys 2 sets. One he puts away unopened and one he opens and makes. His friend is a Lego Designer over in Denmark so he gets some pretty cool sets!

Personally I wish I hadn't opened and played with, then chucked away, all my Star Wars figurines. I had some rare ones dad used to bring back from America and I have seen similar sell in boxes at over $20,000

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

5 hours ago, windymiller said:

cyrpto will be the safe haven

Really. Crypto. Safe?  Pass me your pipe, I'll have some of that.

• Like 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

7 hours ago, Mysterae said:

It's been good for me (crypto, not the pipe!).

I was not referring to its potential to deliver returns, but it being classified as "safe".

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

• Gold FFM
8 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

but it being classified as "safe

Nope - you are wrong again dear boy. You will find the North Koreans find crypto a very safe form of revenue.

Only here once

Hey, people can do what they want with their money, invest it where they want. But I do get pissed off when "get rich quick schemes" become a flushed rush and people then complain and demand compensation, or whine and whinge that it "wasn't fair and they should be compensated".

I have no doubt some people are doing very well thank you in crypto. I wish them all the best but IF it does go tits up, stfu about it and how hard done to you have been. History is littered with examples of stuff like this, why people think because crypto is based on "technology" it is different then, well, I'll stfu.  The trick as ever is to get in early, make your millions, then get out before the shit hits the fan.

• Gold FFM

Crypto will do very well since it’s untraceable and easy to move. 

it’s becoming a massive problem - Hmrc are now all over cash outs and hunting for the money. Solicitors now are having to report on anti money laundering checks where crypto is involved. Buying a house with it - ummm yeah many mortgage lenders simply won’t accept you if the money has been sourced from crypto.

the government is trying to crack down through regulations that are currently in place and make if difficult for folks to launder their crypto cash

Only here once