Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
OVU84W - No.17 Essex Turbo Esprit - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

OVU84W - No.17 Essex Turbo Esprit

stephenwhyte

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 13/02/2022 at 17:38, Senior said:

Lovely, tempted to sell my JPS and go for it.

keep that JPS, and go for both!

• 2 weeks later...

Driven that car many times - now on Harrys Garage review too  (@20:50'sih)

Edited by nello
  • Like 2

Will it sell this time though?🤞😎

I’ve personally always thought (in recent times anyway) that if you want to realise the top value of a classic, this is the auction to sell at. That said, I don’t think I’d be happy leaving my pride & joy unattended in an environment where kids are able to run around freely…..😳  A “DO NOT TOUCH” sign, would lead to the exact opposite outcome I reckon!😰😄

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
On 16/02/2022 at 23:22, Senior said:

Love to but just bought a Delorean and a KTM RC8R. I think I need to get rid of something.

The wife ?

Only here once

On 16/02/2022 at 23:22, Senior said:

Love to but just bought a Delorean and a KTM RC8R. I think I need to get rid of something.

Nice work on the DeLorean! Join the club :) Where did you get yours from? Import or UK car?

4 hours ago, jerzybondov said:

Nice work on the DeLorean! Join the club :) Where did you get yours from? Import or UK car?

I bought a half restored one from UK, imported about 8 years ago, mate has just finished it for me delivery next Thursday, apparantly it looks like it's out of a showroom, had a proper retrim with original dashboard vinyl, proper SS sort out by Chris N, engine work, chasis redone. Looks the bollox apparantly so cant wait. here's the RC8r

1 (2).jpg

You have excellent taste sir! Obviously you know Lotuses so don't really need to tell you that a DeLorean that is 'restored' will still throw random shit at you. Be prepared for some snagging! 🤣 Chris N's work is top notch by the way, especially on the interiors and stainless. This is my car btw: 

Do love a KTM too (currently got a Blade, S1000RR and Ducati 996). Have been very tempted by a Duke 890R - they're sensational!

Edited by jerzybondov
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

I think £125K is hugely optimistic but I do wish them well.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

9 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I think £125K is hugely optimistic but I do wish them well.

They’re aiming big……and we all know, they can always come down! I think the current sale price is a result of the money spent by the previous vendor - who couldn’t find a buyer…….UKsportscars have clearly got the capability to play the long game.
I’d also add that the asking price for the 9k mile Azure Blue S4s they had advertised, was even more ambitious but if their website is gospel…..they’ve found someone with deep pockets for that one👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻……they’re clearly confident the market has someone else, waiting in the wings👍

• Like 1

Surely people know how to google a unique (ish) car.

I may well of paid £125000 for it if I was feeling flush, however knowing it was for sale at £95k 3 months ago and made £85k at an auction 6 months ago would stop me.

On 07/10/2022 at 16:43, Senior said:

I may well of paid £125000 for it if I was feeling flush, however knowing it was for sale at £95k 3 months ago and made £85k at an auction 6 months ago would stop me.

exactly..... it dont sells, so "i will ask more" it dont works, they guys who want to buy a essex are rare, and only a hand full,

On 07/10/2022 at 15:43, Senior said:

All depends how much you want one…..if you’re in the market for one, have the means and have to have it, then £125k isn’t that far flung! It’s all got to do with how deep the pockets of the potential buyers are, and how long UKSportscars are prepared to sit with it. Something tells me they’re in no hurry to sell. It’s a nice thing to have in stock and they’re clearly lovers of the Esprit……with a successful business, so why not aim high!👍 

• Like 1

As I recall the £85k translated into what would have been a £95k purchase price once buyers fees etc were added on. It didn't make its reserve which is why it didn't sell at the auction.

• Like 1

It’s a limited run super car with Grand Prix heritage so probably sitting where it belongs, not like buyers have much choice on the market and it’s ready to use. I’d love it but out of my league these days. 🙂

Do or do not, there is no try! 

My old mate Paul (RIP) who owned this would be staggered by that price.  Its sitting way taller than the early cars used/should do.

Edited by nello
  • Sad 1