Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Are door latches available yet? - Page 2 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Are door latches available yet?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Latch mechanism RH seems to be B132B4170J  

LH B132B4169J assuming a NA Evora. Over £320+VAT.... 

ok thanks. i will see how far i get. got to be better than waiting 2 years for Lotus to make some more.

If any US owner are able to help out I'm more than willing to pay for postage and pizza tokens :)

@hamza, I feel for you… how can they not have a stock of each type when it’s such a known issue?

it might just be worth seeing if South West Lotus Centre will sell you one… they had a stock of doors which they were prepared to break when I was going through the same situation (the warranty wouldn’t pay so I had to wait for new ones to become available)

good luck

Edited by Markindevon

• Gold FFM

Now, I know Rocky at the UK Lotus Centre in Halesowen has a bit of a reputation (he was going to charge me £50 for a switched drivers’ side seat belt buckle for my Elise, but I played safe and got PJS to buy it off him on my behalf and he just about doubled the price), but he's got the drivers’ door lock mechanism listed on eBay.

Here's the link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255377451379?hash=item3b75aea973:g:NNAAAOSwDbFiUB-r

I know it's a risk, but might be worth taking @hamza. I know that the parts guy at Oakmere Lotus has dealt with Rocky too, so you could always try to source it from Rocky through them.

image.png.0c4e29eb47d4869afa8bc35f3f4734d9.png

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

image.png.9db97d94b90c8d44f75911ca24efff36.png

• Gold FFM

Sorry to hear that about Rocky @DH2. I was unaware. 

UK Lotus Centre still might be worth a punt.

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

image.png.9db97d94b90c8d44f75911ca24efff36.png

After speaking to dealer (who still have the car) it seems it may actually just be this happening again:

They hadn’t tried this or checked for it and so i have asked them to do that first before splashing out on a new latch…. They do also have another plan for getting hold of a latch too should it end up being required so hopefully it works out soon.

• Like 1