Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
M100 Elan photos - Page 8 - M100 Elan - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

M100 Elan photos

Rambo

No road tax means no insurance. Easy mistake to make with no visible disc these days, I know I have done it in total innocence. 

I check the DVLA data base for MOT and road tax on my lesser used cars before setting off, lesson learnt.

Justin 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
22 minutes ago, jep said:

No road tax means no insurance

Maybe it depends on the insurance company, also may depend on how far out of date it is?

https://www.cuvva.com/how-insurance-works/driving-without-tax-doesnt-affect-car-insurance#:~:text=Your insurance is (usually) still,to avoid getting caught out.

If your car isn't taxed, this doesn't (usually) invalidate your car insurance. But it's still really important to get your tax sorted out.

Same old really.  If its on the public road then it needs tax/insurance.  If its not then you can do what you like.  It has always been thus.

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

9 hours ago, USAndretti42 said:

I thought I saw that they couldn't get hold of an N/A.  Looking forwards to reading the article.

They obviously didn't contact LEC (Lotus Elan Central), the font of all knowledge on the M100 🤔

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
31 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Wow - @exeterjeep I’ve never seen any of that. Could you post up a topic with all the pictures from it please ?

There were a couple of other M100 'look a like' projects, plus the 2 bond esprits, plus the black active esprit, an active excel, an F1 car, a project esprit , SID, the etna and a few others - it was an amazing collection of cars, suspect the current Lotus team regret selling this lot. Also some seemed to go really cheap. There were type 26 elan, lotus cortina etc as well. It was an incredible display of Lotus history.

After the auction I got sent the list of all the sold/unsold/withdrawn lots plus the sales price (think it included commission).

At the time of course all the pics I took were 35mm, so as dev/printing always seemed a bit pricey, the 4 of each as above was basically all I took of those 2 cars.

I'll copy the catalogue pages for these 2 and the other M100 types and post later.

• Thanks 2

Pages from the catalogue for the 2 cars above.... had to try taking pics of the pages as the catalogue was not keen in being opened and flattened.

DSCF1983.JPG.ac9d3accc5ccb15594f72e79114107bb.JPG

DSCF1992.JPG.542af0f52d780da5b8489c0d51286749.JPG

• Love 2

When you consider that design is approx. 35 years old it was way ahead of its time and such a futuristic shape.

I know I'm biased but I still believe the M100 is the best value sports car in the world over 3 decades on.

• Like 1