Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
demo cars at dealers ? - Page 5 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

demo cars at dealers ?

Beady

• Gold FFM

Enthusiastic amateur!  25 years of owning the cars plus lots of friends and acquaintances amongst the factory staff, dealers and owners community.  Visits to the factory 1-2 times per year as an interested customer.

I met the Evora project team pre-launch as an early deposit holder.  I was invited to the factory in January as part of a group of Emira customers asked to give feedback on our experience as deposit holders.  And I helped with a documentary last year about the Lotus Olympic track bikes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, TomE said:

I assume a moderator has edited my post to remove what I posted and replace with this link instead.  Can you message me to explain what guideline my post was breaking, as I’m not sure and didn’t mean to break any rules.

• Gold FFM

The original poster said they couldn't read another forum very easily on their phone due to the adverts and pop ups.  I had explained an easy way to avoid those.  It doesn't involve having to contribute.

I don't usually see the adverts over there but just enabled them.  I get Volvo, Tui, Tesco etc.  If it's using targeted advertising then you may seem something different.  Seems pretty standard stuff to me?

1 hour ago, Rambo said:

I keep getting adverts for Ukranian women looking for a ride in a Lotus 😉

I just get adverts from women looking for another kind of ride!

17 hours ago, TomE said:

I assume a moderator has edited my post to remove what I posted and replace with this link instead.  Can you message me to explain what guideline my post was breaking, as I’m not sure and didn’t mean to break any rules.

Don't know. Didn't see the original post and don't know what it was moderated for sorry Tom.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM
5 hours ago, Kimbers said:

I just get adverts from women looking for another kind of ride!

Just tell em to send me a DM 😉

• Haha 1

Only here once

On 02/10/2022 at 17:09, TomE said:

UK dealer demo cars are now all due to be delivered by 14 Oct. 

Just 7 days away, anyone got theirs yet. None have owned up yet.

any news on demo's? 

Still no dealership up in the north east. I'd have a right chew on with any warranty issues, 2.5hr drive each way to the nearest dealership. 😁

@bibs anything in the pipeline for a dealership in newcastle?

14 minutes ago, Rambo said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 PMSL

😁😁 you can on hope once we actually get some new cars on the road..🤣🤣

but in all honesty as Lotus owner for the last 18yrs, i'm now getting tired of no factory support locally without having to travel for hours on end to a dealership...Once the current waiting list dies down can you honestly see the vision of increasing sales with not adding to the dealer network? it's ok to buy the car online but once you have it your high and dry 😁

Edited by marcfair

Newcastle would be great only 50 miles over for me and already have to go to Newcastle for servicing for wife's car. I have used Oakmere for my Evora and 250cup and is about 280 mile round trip.

The harsh reality is Dealer Groups are not going to invest money in new showrooms until Lotus start producing cars in some sort of reasonable volume at least. There are plans for additional car showrooms & Aftersales Dept but this is a chicken and egg situation……..

All will become clear over time but patience is required - as long as the new cars sell, new sites will follow imminently. We’ve come this far and Lotus are in a far better place now than previous…..

Hang in there chaps!👍

• Like 2

So its October 14th today, any Emira's spotted.

Know of a couple of chaps who were taking bets that the Eletre tour car could be in before the Emira demo.

• Haha 1

In another thread re an update from the factory.....says.....

However, with the first UK customers now going through the final checkout process and Agency demonstrators being shipped in the next few days, we will shortly be able to confirm delivery timescales for the forthcoming few weeks of customer deliveries. 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Less than two weeks ago Lotus said all UK dealers would have at least one demo car by 14 Oct and test drives would start from 17 Oct.  Today none of them have got one and Lotus now say they will arrive "soon".