Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you 'Shake your Head' today? - Page 45 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you 'Shake your Head' today?

ramjet

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
7 minutes ago, pete said:

How can one person make this happen

Because the rights of the majority do not matter any more and common sense was kicked out of "officialdom" many, many years ago.

Councils are there to serve the people, when did they forget that?

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

The same time as the police. 

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

19 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I've just read this and had to pinch myself to check that (1) I was not hallucinating and that (2) I had not somehow been transported by "Scottie" to Russia or North Korea, or by Dr. Who, back in time to Germany in the 1930's were citizens were encouraged to report on each others views to the authorities. I am actually quite terrified that in a country were "free speech" and "freedom of expression" is a bastion, a foundation, of our democracy, that this is being allowed.

What are peoples thoughts?  Have I missed the point or lost the plot?

https://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/news/scottish-news/police-scotland-officers-must-pass-32365902

https://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/news/scottish-news/glasgow-sex-shop-one-dozens-32342969

A bit sceptical about those reports, both mentioning things due to happen on April 1st!

1 hour ago, Geoffers said:

A bit sceptical about those reports, both mentioning things due to happen on April 1st!

Unfortunately Geoffers this is NOT an April's fools. So now that you know that, thoughts?

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Sorry for being a bit sceptical, I am always dubious about anything on a Reach website, they write so much rubbish. But I take your word that these stories are true. So I totally agree that this sort of stuff is quite scary & we are becoming more & more like a police state where you having to become more & more careful about what you say, unless of course you are a professional internet troll, then you can spout all sorts of bile with impunity.

I'll be OK then ;)

• Like 1

The small print.

Our "coppers" used to be so smart, then this picture of a bobby in Stockport came up on a news story - I'm not sure whether if I met him in the street I'd not offer him up a couple of quid and a hot drink or not!

2_IMG_3126jpeg.jpg

The small print.

Walked past about 20 filled disabled parking spaces at our local retail park. 18 were occupied by generic family cars with blue badges. The other 2 were occupied by a mean black drug dealer spec. Range Rover Sport and an ugly matte grey Mercedes AMG 63 coupe. Of course neither of these had a blue badge, because it seems that the rules and regulations of our country do not apply to the owners of such vehicles.

• Like 2

Not really quite sure what this driver was thinking about. Took the picture when filling up wifes car yesterday.

IMG_20240323_100212_hdr.jpg

The small print.

Probably has been filling up 5l cans for taking home to put in the mower to cut the grass or similar.

20 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

Probably has been filling up 5l cans for taking home to put in the mower to cut the grass or similar.

You mean he's gone to all the bother and expense of buying an EV, but not an electric mower?  Proves my point re Ev owners lol....

• Haha 1

The small print.

With 2 quad bikes, 2 large flail mowers plus a ride on and an push mower, we often visit a petrol station with a couple of empty cans. Don't think we would consider changing all the petrol stuff to electric until hell freezes over.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a new Flymo to replace my 10 year old knackered one. It’s amazing how  a decade’s development has resulted in a product that is inferior in pretty much every measurable way. Do companies even test their products in the real world nowadays?

@LotusLeftLotusRight I find these days that engineers engineer a great product. Designers invariably make it look good.

Then procurement/buyers screw it up by buying the cheapest of everything whilst the accountants increase the sell price to drive margin 

So basically, what the consumer gets is crap product at top prices which marketing makes us believe is a great offer.

An awful lot of companies are very quickly running down their brands goodwill.

The small print.

Too true. Some of the differences:

The two plated metal bolts that used to attach the handle to the mower via the sturdy bodywork have now been replaced by plastic pins into flimsy plastic brackets. Those two points take all of the pressure of the operator’s movements. I will be amazed if they don’t snap.

The cable is an annoying few centimetres shorter than its predecessor.

The mower no longer folds into a compact shape for storage in the shed. Whereas before you needed less than 4ft of space, you now need 6ft. Also much more difficult to carry the mower because of this: you can really only drag it along by the handle which isn’t great if you need to cross a gravel driveway.

Collection box area re-engineered to use less material: resulting design much more flimsy and less efficient at collecting the cuttings.

Oh and the control box on the handle hasn’t been screwed on properly. The screw heads are all mangled up so I can’t rectify it. 
To be honest it doesn’t do anything better than the 10 year old model: same loud noise and cutting quality, but everything else is worse.

• Shock 1

I think we call it progress.

Just wait till the current generation is in charge to see how stuff really can be fooked up as the engineers, designers, buyers and accountants will all be stressed out, flaky, and demanding to work from home only 3 hours a day so nothing will ever get done, yet alone, get done right.

• Like 1

The small print.

Idiots. This storm has been well forecasted and publicised. They should be "charged" a rescue fee to cover the costs of the RNLI, coastguard and Ambulance service, and their parents should be slapped about the head (metaphorically) for breeding morons!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cm5r2n18dxro

The small print.

This article leaves me with nothing but complete rage. 
WTF has happened to our justice system, just about everything in this country is broken. The judges never consider the victims, they just seek an easy way out.

God I with we had a political party which had politicians with backbones and purpose who could sort this mess out. Surely the political parties should be working together on issues such as this, not trying to point score across the Common’s table. Do our politicians not have any pride for their country? I am seriously considering emigrating at 70 year’s old.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13279773/Anger-child-rapist-wins-ten-year-asylum-battle-avoid-deportation-Eritrea-stay-UK-one-360-immigration-rulings-February-March.html

• Shock 1

4 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Idiots. This storm has been well forecasted and publicised. They should be "charged" a rescue fee to cover the costs of the RNLI, coastguard and Ambulance service, and their parents should be slapped about the head (metaphorically) for breeding morons!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cm5r2n18dxro

Teenagers , probably thought they were on a computer game. Totally agree they or there parents should cover all costs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulCP said:

This article leaves me with nothing but complete rage. 
WTF has happened to our justice system, just about everything in this country is broken. The judges never consider the victims, they just seek an easy way out.

God I with we had a political party which had politicians with backbones and purpose who could sort this mess out. Surely the political parties should be working together on issues such as this, not trying to point score across the Common’s table. Do our politicians not have any pride for their country? I am seriously considering emigrating at 70 year’s old.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13279773/Anger-child-rapist-wins-ten-year-asylum-battle-avoid-deportation-Eritrea-stay-UK-one-360-immigration-rulings-February-March.html

WTF It's about time our so called judicial system grew some balls and started kicking out these f***ing scum once and for all . 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, C8RKH said:

@LotusLeftLotusRight I find these days that engineers engineer a great product. Designers invariably make it look good.

I feel these days a lot of designers are more worried about making something look 'special', rather than good...

BTW, I have no idea what a flymo is... :getmecoat:

On another note, on my way back from helping a mate with some construction work, I noticed a guy aiming his camera at a traffic light. I was waiting in line with the Jaaag, trying not to pose too much. Then it occurred he was waiting for me to move out of the way so he could photograph the graffiti on the wall behind me. 

• Haha 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.