Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you 'Shake your Head' today? - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you 'Shake your Head' today?

ramjet

• Gold FFM

In the spirit of the Happy and the Unhappy threads, comes this one. I'll go first.

Watching a car on the way home doing the ol' 'duck 'n weave' to get further along in the traffic. I just kept tootling along in the left hand lane and about three sets of traffic lights later, I came to a stop no less than four cars in front of him.

Traffic lights. The great rush hour equaliser.

• Like 2

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Usually my wife's driving.  And looking through some posts on the internet.

• Gold FFM
10 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

Discovering pointless threads on TLF.

I know what you mean. 
There are some silly topics on here. :getmecoat:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Most P plate drivers and many motorcyclists.

The standard of P plate drivers has  definitely regressed.

Bicycle riders aren't much better.

Some of my lovely neighbours. 

I live in a small village of 42 houses. 

I've lived here for 25 years.  In that time, the number of houses has grown by 10% - so 4 extra houses.

The number of toilets has grown by 20%, and the number of bedrooms by 10%.

In the same 25 years, the number of people living in the village has declined by 15%.

The age demographic has shifted right, namely, the average age of a "villager" has increased significantly.

No child who was here before I moved in, or after, has been able to buy a house in the village as the prices have significantly risen thanks to "medics" bidding way above the asking prices (this is Scotland, we have a "bidding" system)

So, finally, a family "from" the village has the chance to build a new house in the village, on a plot bequeathed to them.  And guess what, the incomers who make up the 4 new houses built in the last 5 years have objected to a new build. WTF I hear you cry.

The 3 "neighbours" to the plot, who's houses were built on land they bought from the old famer who bequeathed the land, have all objected to someone building, like their houses were, on farmland! 

What absolute f@cking hypocrites and shites neighbours, or is that people, are.   

I am frickin' raging at these people and went around to said family, knocked, on their door, and told them inj no uncertain terms that I wished with all of my heart they ignored the inglorious bastards who had objected to their planning. I offered my full efforts to support their plans including a personal submission at any planning meeting.  

My "neighbours" have turned our beautiful village into an elitist retirement complex. I f@@king hate the gits! 

So, I shake my head at them. The tw@ts.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

• 3 weeks later...

Some dog owners are probably responsible too. 

Would love to actually hear why some dog owners think the behaviour is acceptable/considerate.

And no @mayevoraI have no secret wish or desire for a dog and would be quite happy to see a ban on all of them, except working dogs, in public spaces. If people want a pet then keep the bloody thing at home.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

• Gold FFM
46 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

If people want a pet then keep the bloody thing at home.

Trouble is the amount of people whom buy the incorrect breed, don’t handle them, don’t exercise or train them - then do exactly that and keep them at home. There’s been no shortage sadly this year in small children being killed by such dogs.

• Like 1

Only here once

I'm with Andy on this one.   Always treat 'dogs welcome' signs as a red flag.   I've also noticed an explosion in ridiculous dog clothes round my way.   That certainly makes me shake my head, along with the dog shit bags that now are the unwelcome xmas decorations festooned on bushes for unwary kids to encounter.    Must be pretty impossible to make a descent 'den' these days.

I was off the beaten track through Roxby woods yesterday and encountered a wire snare placed across the track I was following.   That made me shake my head too.   All it would do is randomly kill a badger, deer or fox that had the misfortune to put its head in it.    

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

@C8RKHI do wonder why the dog license for ownership was scrapped about 30 odd years back - it should be in and considerably higher than it used to be - if anything as a deterrent to shit owners. I was of course only messing 3 posts back but like anything there are good and bad of most things - dog owners, cyclists, drivers, parenting ect ect.
I also think a lot of dog owners don’t understand why other people don’t like dogs or don’t understand individuals getting annoyed with unwanted attention from them. I certainly wouldn’t expect dogs to be walking freely around a restaurant to scrounge or annoy me or other customers though.

• Like 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM
40 minutes ago, mayevora said:

do wonder why the dog license for ownership was scrapped about 30 odd years back - it should be in and considerably higher than it used to be - if anything as a deterrent to shit owners.

Licensing and red tape regulations are not the answer to a lack of social responsibility - that’s down to the long term failing of our education system and the breakdown of family values and decency.

Local councils are trying to license everything these days - all about money raising so they can waste or use to prop up the countless folks on huge 6 figure salaries they appoint. Come the revolution we will all be fine.

I was strolling back through hereford town with Alice and the dogs yesterday just as football kicked out. It was lovely to see the banter and general tomfoolery between the fans and the mass of police kettling them back towards the train station🙄 - social responsibility is a thing of the past

Only here once

We live in the country with only cows and sheep for neighbours. We very often get dog walkers walking down the road with their dogs off the lead. Sadly some lambs have been killed by wayward dogs that the owners have no control over. If they can't control their dog it should be on a lead at least.

• Like 2
Dave - 2000 Sport 350

• Gold FFM

Sadly @oneshot folks think you can train some dogs and sheep. It depends on the dog and it’s not as simple as one might think.

our one dog used to be a monster around our lambs - he’s the kindest most gentle dog in the world - but the wolf comes out round a sheep. The only way of sorting him was the old fashioned way which many would say is cruel.

The ram was chased for a short while - followed by a headbutt that knocked the dog out and about 15m arse over tit. He’s never bothered with a sheep since. In fact he will walk away from them if he can.

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM
4 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Licensing and red tape regulations are not the answer to a lack of social responsibility - that’s down to the long term failing of our education system and the breakdown of family values and decency.

Very true but also not a solution to the problem of which now sadly, will never be corrected. License would be a sticking plaster only. 

• Like 2

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I just don't get why people NEED to take their dogs into a restaurant. Full stop.  Or a pub for lunch/dinner for that matter. It's your dog so keep it at home whatever. Whether the dogs on a lead or it isn't is irrelevant it just does not belong in a restaurant or where people are eating. Full stop. Incredibly selfish behaviour of the owners.

Take the services incident - the owner was stood right by the entrance door and the dog was jumping bout at everyone. Obviously excitable so do the right thing and remove the dog for its own safety and everyone else. Then there's the owner with the yappy little shit dogs that bark and growl at everything and anything - so they think, oh, I know, I'll take it to the entrance of a services where there are lots of people rushing around everywhere as that won't excite an excitable dog at all!  Bloody pr@cks!

Based on previous comments, yes, you're right lockdown has definitely made it worse with people who are obviously clueless re dogs getting dogs and then not having a clue how to treat them, train them etc. Maybe the owners should be put down as the dogs may be better off without them.

• Like 2

I make you right 

So the new couple over the road who according to the nabour who used to be there isn't a people person and has 6 cats 🤔 well they have now bought a sausage dog over lockdown and everytime they go out it howls and barks constantly at their side gate till they come back.

So guess what turns out oh well we have to leave it in the garden when we go out because it goes mad in the house .No shit sherlock with 6 cats .

Thick as 2 planks 

• Confused 1