Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Possibly the World's Only Lotus Cortina Mk1 Convertible - Carlton / Cortina / Sunbeam - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Possibly the World's Only Lotus Cortina Mk1 Convertible

• 1 year later...

There was a Capri like that at Brooklands, maybe the same one? Very good looking indeed!

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• 2 months later...

There are certain cars that should never be a convertible and the Cortina is one of them. I know Crayford made a number of classic Ford with a soft top.

Other cars that look wrong as a convertible:

Mini

Fiat 500

Any classic Ford

Morris Minor

Etc etc etc.

1 hour ago, Veloce_Rosso said:

Any classic Ford

I think most Mustangs fans will disagree with that! 😉

As always, beauty lies in the eye of the beholder. That being sad, I really don't want to see a Multipla convertible! 🤢

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

11 hours ago, Escape said:

I think most Mustangs fans will disagree with that! 😉

As always, beauty lies in the eye of the beholder. That being sad, I really don't want to see a Multipla convertible! 🤢

Of course it's very subjective, but I'm not keen on any American car. That being said, my neighbour has quite a nice early Mustang

20220424_145438.jpg

20220424_145516.jpg

• Like 1

There are quite a few US cars I like the look of. Especially the older muscle cars or 4x4s. Never had the privilege of driving anything like that though. The few 'normal' US cars I've driven have been a total disappointment, I'll happily stick to something British or German. Or even French. 😛

4 hours ago, Escape said:

There are quite a few US cars I like the look of. Especially the older muscle cars or 4x4s. Never had the privilege of driving anything like that though. The few 'normal' US cars I've driven have been a total disappointment, I'll happily stick to something British or German. Or even French. 😛

Likewise, give me a Eurobox any day. American cars are fine as long as you don't have to drive them.

I try to give the average Eurobox a very wide berth as well. As the saying goes, life is too short for boring cars. ;)