Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
BASIC INSTINCT, the Lotus Esprit V8 Project - Page 2 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

BASIC INSTINCT, the Lotus Esprit V8 Project

23 hours ago, Escape said:

What kind of chargecooler setup are they planning on? There's a few of us looking for alternatives after the ProAlloy group buy didn't happen.

The wait must be terribly long for you (I know about that...), but with a target date you now have something to look forward to! 

Filip

Daniel wants to build something along the lines of his earlier Elise/Exige builds, but we will see. We discussed the placement opportunities for the carge coolers and that will be the initial focus. I don't want to sacrifice more boot space than necessary.

We can surely discuss adding a group buy once we know how things are progessing.

• Thanks 1

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

• 7 months later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM
1 hour ago, TBD said:

it there are any skilled mechanics on here looking for a job with a leading Lotus tuner and a slightly choleric boss, give Komo--tec a call

🤣

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, TBD said:

Next up is rejoining the wing club, i.e. fitting the custom high wing.

You need to make it an S300/S4s wing, by far the best.

Cheers,

John W

• 4 weeks later...

Get it on a dyno 🙂 

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

On 25/09/2023 at 18:32, mike_sekinger said:

Get it on a dyno 🙂 

Need the get the charge cooler first!

It's a bit of a challenge as Daniel doesn't have time and I haven't yet found anyone else to hepl me.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Got you.  Predictive decals 🙂

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

• 5 months later...

Great to hear you're enjoying your Esprit and the little niggles were all fixed easily enough. 👍

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• 2 months later...

Another small project. Completing my collection of folding Lotus keys.

PXL_20240513_134734804.jpg

• Like 1