Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Pedal offset? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

Hi all.

Suspect this may be too early to be answered, but has anyone sat in the Emira and can you provide any comment on pedal offset?

I owned an R8 previously and due to the short front the wheel arch intrudes in to the footwell, pushing the pedals in towards the centre of the car. That causes the driver to be slightly more twisted and caused my right knee quite a bit of discomfort on long drives.

Given the Emira has a similar design I wonder if it (or rather I!) will have the same issue?

IMG_20220527_075703.jpg

Did sit in the show car and can't say I noticed that. Early Evoras were a bit like that but 400 on were better. 

• Thanks 1

There is likely to be some level of this. Wide wheels and double-wishbone suspension take up space.

I was about to say the same thing as @exeterjeepthough - my Evora S has a bit of offset, but I don’t find it excessive at all (whereas when I drove a 993 my left foot went for the clutch and found the brake), and the show Emira seemed to have more space in the footwell.

• Thanks 1

When you see the Emira sid by side with the Audi R8, how much better does it look??

But I guess we're all Lotuscentric 😉

PS can't say I notice much pedal offset in my LE

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rambo said:

When you see the Emira sid by side with the Audi R8, how much better does it look??

Don't disagree. But then when you think the R8 launched in 2007 (?) I think it looks amazingly well. Timeless design and a stunning car to drive.

• Love 1

Not sure if this helps, but here's a photo I took sat in the show car (had the i4 shifter) at hethel. No idea if the pedals were representative of the production and not used to driving an auto. The biggest thing I noticed was the seat position felt closer to the centre console than the door, putting my left leg closer to the console than ideal. I questioned the seating position and was told it would be further outboard for production. No idea if I believe that though given some of the other answers I got have turned out to be wrong.

Screenshot_20220527-143100~2.png

• Love 1

Apart from the pedal offset, there is also the gap between the pedals, I do not drive the Evora in trainers, have to wear narrower shoes. Will check to see if this is the case in an Emira.

• Like 1