Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
UK Politics Thread - Page 2 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

UK Politics Thread

Barrykearley

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Even the new chancellor says Boris should go...... And newly appointed Education Sec resigns... !!!

Could not make this up........

Can't be long now until he goes????????????

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Letter just published from the new chancellor on the bbc 🤣

Hes simply gotta go today surely 

Woah hang on - he’s going to resign apparently 

Only here once

I suppose we might see a podium come out the front of no 10, with a few wires for microphones and HV electric.

• Haha 1

BBC says

Boris Johnson will resign as Conservative leader today - he will continue as Prime Minister until the autumn.

A Conservative leadership race will take place this summer and a new Prime Minister will be in place in time for the Tory party conference in October

But how will a government function in the meantime. Needs to be gone from PM straight away, so someone (anyone....) takes over.... May be the deputy PM????

• Like 1

They are saying May as caretaker PM. out of the Frying pan into the......

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

3 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

I suppose we might see a podium come out the front of no 10, with a few wires for microphones and HV electric.

Looks like today around 12:30 - bugger they have this on instead of a repeat of Bargain Hunt.

Starmer still not happy, wants a vote of no confidence in Parliament to oust him straight away saying “he’s unfit for office”

Well Sir Kier, do you think you are fit for office? We haven’t heard the last of your beer & pizza evening yet have we?

Everytime I look at his all I see is Basil Brush, but then I realise that Basil made more sense when he spoke!

• Like 1

I also see that the Kremlin are rejoicing.

Well Vlad, maybe someone will, point out that this is democracy at work. No doubt if 59 of the Kremlin had made their views in public, or in private, that you should go/step aside all of them would have been poisoned by now with a claim coming afterwards that you knew nothing about it.

"Boris is screwed" Regularly by the number of Children he is said to have.

• Haha 2

Amateurs built the Ark

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

On 05/07/2022 at 21:26, pete said:

Ben Wallace a good outside bet to be next leader

Now 5/2 favourite from 10/1

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

23 hours ago, PaulCP said:

Starmer still not happy, wants a vote of no confidence in Parliament to oust him straight away saying “he’s unfit for office”

Well Sir Kier, do you think you are fit for office? We haven’t heard the last of your beer & pizza evening yet have we?

Everytime I look at his all I see is Basil Brush, but then I realise that Basil made more sense when he spoke!

Starmer and Rayner have been cleared of any wrong-doing on this subject. Nothing to see here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62095955

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Starmer and Rayner have been cleared of any wrong-doing on this subject. Nothing to see here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62095955

Great news

• Gold FFM

Just goes to show how the system stinks.

Starmer and Rayner were both utterly taking the piss and are complete hypocrites. Behaving like the rules simply didn’t apply to them as they are above judgement.

I’m afraid the glitterati bunch of tosspots we have in politics are an absolute shitshow from left to right. They don’t believe the rules are relevant to them. Now maybe the Tories many would expect that sort of behaviour - but Starmer - well with his background - just that one episode of lack of judgement is enough to speak volumes about the man. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Only here once

@Barrykearley a picture speaks a thousand words

1.jpg

• Thanks 1

Amateurs built the Ark

• Gold FFM

Well gosh @red vtec that must be some sort of amazing happy coincidence - the very police force investigating the PCC is a Starmer appointee. Who would have thought.

• Like 1

Only here once