Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
UK Politics Thread - Page 18 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

UK Politics Thread

Barrykearley

Yup. Eradication of child poverty has been a goal of theirs for their last 17 years in Government. Like every other goal they've fired wide of the mark and spectacularly missed it.

All but the die hard Nationalists have now seen through them and Swinney is the Captain of a rapidly sinking ship.

Utter shambles.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

That's what you get with One Policy Politics. Look at the Greens. Virtually unvoteable and at last many have seen through their extreme left wing other policies. Even they said "We are not here to govern, but to keep the others honest". Like they are obviously

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Yes. We had a double dose with the Greens and SNP in Power. It could not have been a more perfect storm of a clusterfuck to be honest.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Yet more unnecessary legislation to combat sewage spills. A waste of resources, there’s already enough on the statute books, it just needs to be enforced. Pound to a pinch nothing will change.

• Like 2

Margate Exotics.

100% agree with you @Chillidoggy. Enforcement with extreme prejudice is what is required, as well as a sweep of the Board Rooms as so many of those Execs have failed in their regulatory duties with regards to pollution, leakage, etc.

The small print.

1 hour ago, pete said:

And nothing about building new treatment plants

They are a small part of the issue Pete.  We need more and better storm overflows, we need to manage the "water" better, capturing and holding more of it, and better planned water defences including undoing the work over the past 150 years or so where rivers were straightened as this massively increases the flow rates in wet weather and overloads the infrastructure down stream.

Farmers need to do their bit to improve catchment and prevent excessive run-off (and the associated soil erosion) etc.

And of course, we need stop building fukcing houses on the natural, historic flood plains and then act all bloody surprised when they flood!

There has been so much incompetence. Bad planning. Short sightedness etc for a hundred years. So ,many people involved in the whole monumental clusterpluck.

But then, as we saw at the Olympics, it is often no better in Europe, despite, what they tell us...

The small print.

At last, we are starting to see some real action taken against Parents who allow their kids to run amok and out of control.

BUT, and this is a very big BUT, WHY is this only happening for the recent riot offences? What about the kids regularly smashing up buis stops. Vandalising houses, cars, and shops? Repeat shoplifting whilst being armed and wearing hoodies?

You've proved you can do it, so now start to operate the same way, consistently, with all these scrotes, shit bags and vermin. Let's not now have another wave of calls of "two tier" policing...

A mum who went on holiday to Ibiza rather than attending her son's sentencing for his role in riots has been ordered to pay compensation to the victims.

Her 12-year-old boy kicked a bus outside a hotel housing asylum seekers in Manchester on 31 July, before joining a mob that targeted a vape shop and threw missiles at a police van on 3 August.

The 30-year-old mother was ordered to pay £1,200 compensation - approximately the same price as her holiday - and attend a six-month parenting course.

The boy, who cannot be named because of his age, was handed a 12-month referral order and told had he been an adult he could have been sent to prison for between four and five years.

The small print.

.........And........... in other news, the withdrawal of the winter fuel benefit for Pensioners will save the UK Government £1.3bn.

Good job they've done it now, as the day after it passed in the commons, Labour miraculously found £500m, despite a £13bn black hole in the UK finances that they boosted to £22bn with £9bn of additional inflation busting public sector pay deals, to hand to an Indian conglomerate that made £3bn in EBITDA, and £900m in net profits in  2022/23. Tata Steel, the division receiving the £500m from the Labour Government has reserves of £1.6bn and has paid out dividends of £1.4bn to shareholders between 2019 and 2023.

Labour, the Party of the working man, woman and whatever, but not the retired working man, woman, whatever.

Remarkable.

• Sad 2

The small print.

23 hours ago, C8RKH said:

At last, we are starting to see some real action taken against Parents who allow their kids to run amok and out of control.

BUT, and this is a very big BUT, WHY is this only happening for the recent riot offences? What about the kids regularly smashing up buis stops. Vandalising houses, cars, and shops? Repeat shoplifting whilst being armed and wearing hoodies?

You've proved you can do it, so now start to operate the same way, consistently, with all these scrotes, shit bags and vermin. Let's not now have another wave of calls of "two tier" policing...

A mum who went on holiday to Ibiza rather than attending her son's sentencing for his role in riots has been ordered to pay compensation to the victims.

Her 12-year-old boy kicked a bus outside a hotel housing asylum seekers in Manchester on 31 July, before joining a mob that targeted a vape shop and threw missiles at a police van on 3 August.

The 30-year-old mother was ordered to pay £1,200 compensation - approximately the same price as her holiday - and attend a six-month parenting course.

The boy, who cannot be named because of his age, was handed a 12-month referral order and told had he been an adult he could have been sent to prison for between four and five years.

He's 12 she's 30. Hmmmmm 9 months to birth from conception.......no judgements but she was just a child when she had him. Bet her Parents didn't teach her how to bring up a kid.

They can only blame the Tory black hole for so long before people tell them to STFU and stop whinging. No Winter fuel payments, Huge Union based pay rises, Tax Grab in coming and There's no extra money for the NHS now as well. Party of the people!!!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

It's all as dishonest as the Tories were to be honest.

A £13bn black hole, within 4 weeks, is turned into a £22bn black hole because the new Labour Government decided to award an extra £9bn in unbudgeted over inflation pay awards to the Public Sector and the workers of their union backers. Somehow, like a miraculous conception, the previous Government is accused of the whole fooking lot - the full £22bn, not the £13bn they actually left. The press seem to be too dumb to call this out.

Then on Tuesday, because of the £22bn hole, the Government wins a motion to save £1.3bn by moving the Pensioners winter fuel payment to discretionary. People point out that as it is now means tested, and more pensioners will apply successfully for pension credit, that the full £1.3bn in savings will not be achieved.

The very next day, the new Government announces that it has miraculously found, £500m, that it is going to give to an Indian Steel company.

A company that made £3bn in EBITDA, and £900m in net profits in 2022/23. Tata Steel, the division receiving the £500m from the Government has reserves of £1.6bn and has paid out dividends of £1.4bn to shareholders between 2019 and 2023.

I guess they really needed the cash more than our Pensioners.

This is the second successive Labour Government that has fooked the Pensions and Pesnioners of the UK, well, of course, apart from their own MP's pensions and those of their beloved Public Sector workers whom they continue to reward and protect.

If a Tory Government had removed the winter fuel allowance, and given £500m to that Steel company, Starmer, Reeves, Raynor, would have been apoplectic with rage and firing barbs in all directions. The press would have been right behind them screaming of how the Tories were c@@ts for looking after the fat cats whilst pensioners froze to death.

Where is the scrutiny from our press today?

Would love to hear from anyone on here who voted for Labour this time around....   It's very quiet. Just saying.

The small print.

2 hours ago, Kimbers said:

He's 12 she's 30. Hmmmmm 9 months to birth from conception.......no judgements but she was just a child when she had him.

No Tony she wasn't.

At 18 she knew the consequences. She was old enough to shag. To smoke. To drive a car. To vote. In fact, she was in the eyes of the law an adult who had been given a minimum of 12 years free education, including sex education.

I am sick and tired of people making excuses for the shit choices people make and insinuating that somehow shit happening is not their fault.

I want to see the parents of every young scrote who vandalises public buildings and infrastructure, who terrorises people in the community, or who is a little thieving c@@t, face the consequences of their poor parenting.

If you're old enough to have a kid, you're old enough to take responsibility for it.

Maybe that's how we break this appalling cycle of kids in poverty and poor parenting that we have. It's not by making excuses for the parents.

• Like 1

The small print.

11 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

No Tony she wasn't.

Blah blah blah.

WTF are you coming here with facts and common sense. Bloody charlatan!

I'm gonna burn kiddies to keep warm this winter. Fook 'em :lol:

• Haha 2

• Gold FFM
On 11/09/2024 at 17:39, C8RKH said:

I find this rather perplexing tbh. Was the holiday booked before said riots??

she was indeed very young to have had a child - but it is what it is. Does rather beggars belief tbh. We have a complete disregard for family values and morals these days. Thankfully our political elite lead by example - oh ummm ahhh ….. 

still Kier Starmer will go down in history as “Kier Starmer the pensioner harmer” when thousand die this winter just like his own predictions. Oh bollox that’s me probably off to prison now.

• Like 1

Only here once

On 11/09/2024 at 17:39, C8RKH said:

Because for labour this was less about illegals and more about " oh crap this is all about to go twisty and bloody quick".   They had to tidy it away fast before it got out of hand.

We really do police by consent in this country  and it doesn't take too many to remove that consent for a whole new world to appear. 

• Gold FFM

So is he going to say ignorance is bliss? He should recall the Labour opposition did an impact assessment of exactly this cut years earlier…..

Only here once

An upside to this, could be that it will be more politically difficult for Labour to raid pensions in the October budget, which must be on the cards, as he endlessly stresses 'working people' when talking about future tax cuts etc.  Although in the longer term, I fear for all our savings...

10 hours ago, Bibs said:

The country spends £1,200bn a year, £22bn is barely a scratch. 

Just under 2% if my comprehensively educated maths lessons have been remembered properly.

When you look at it like that it is a chunk and it all adds up. But, let's remember the new Government is responsible for almost half of the hole due to the very generous public sector pay settlements that THEY, not the previous Tory Government, settled on.

Semantics maybe, but yet again I m hugely disappointed that our so called "free press" in the UK is not exposing more, and digging deeper into the hole.

• Like 2

The small print.

3 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

Winter fuel cut impact was not assessed, says Starmer

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/ce808nyry3do

"He said it was not legally necessary for an official assessment of the plan to be done in advance.". So basically they can do something, kill a million pensioners, but it's ok and legal because its under their threshold to to assess a plan before they implement it! 

I've heard everything now about complicity and sheer ignorance of MP's and Governments. I have to do an assessment when I buy one car! I have to figure out the impact of it's purchase by figuring out it's effect on our budgets, Loan Interest, future value and income to see if it's profitable and we have the budget......that's one car out of thousands. Yet they don't have to do an assessment that will effect millions. Beggars belief.

3 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

Winter fuel cut impact was not assessed, says Starmer

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/ce808nyry3do

That's because this was planned before they won the election. Reeves has something against this generation of pensioners 

hindsight: the science that is never wrong