Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Steering Wheel Lock 2011 Evora S - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Steering Wheel Lock 2011 Evora S

Go to solution Solved by Bibs,

Can anyone recommend a steering wheel lock for the Evora?

It seems that Autoexpress recommend the Stoplock Pro Elite (and others recommend the Stop lock Pro as an alternative whereby the only difference is apparently the profile of the bar), however Amazon is saying that neither models are compatible with the Evora.

Here's the Autoexpress review where they ask someone to get past the locks and rate them on their performance: Best steering wheel locks 2021 | Auto Express.

Edited by porkopops

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I'm sure this won't help answer your question but I wasn't aware people still used these! You've got a locking steering column, alarm, immobiliser and car which really isn't a target for thieves and worse case, insurance. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

9 hours ago, Bibs said:

I'm sure this won't help answer your question but I wasn't aware people still used these! You've got a locking steering column, alarm, immobiliser and car which really isn't a target for thieves and worse case, insurance. 

They’ve become a lot more popular again especially with modern keyless cars which seem to be rather easy to steal!

all my neighbours that have newish cars use them now after a couple of thefts in he neighbourhood 

10 hours ago, porkopops said:

Sure, but If i can deter someone from trying in the first place I save myself a lot of hassle and my lovely car isn't damaged. 😀

I'm with Bibs on this too. As mentioned, you have a factory installed steering lock, alarm and immobiliser. 

An extra bar with garish yellow handles would make me think sod it, if I can't steal it, I'll just key it and smash in the windows instead 🤔

• Gold FFM

I’d really not bother. Think of the weight you’ll be adding carting the lock around. 
Not to mention the possibility of damaging the interior with one of them things slopping about

Only here once

Keep in mind that with the bar type of steering locks generally the thieve does not attack the bar itself but simply cuts the steering wheel with one or two saw sleeves........thereafter the steering wheel can be bent rather easily and the lock is easily shifted away / pulled of........ 

Of course the steering wheel is damaged but it is still possible to drive the car.

INBREKER.jpg.0d4a3c6b739e4cd659f3a35b49ee4b6c.jpg

Edited by rudolphwolven

BTW.....my solution for my GT 410Sport IPS.........a IPS/brake lock....

A little uncomfortable to put up but hardly no space for a thieve to attack........

Consists of a steel bar and and a ABUS (motorbike) disc lock that encloses the bar and pedal stem firm wit no play in hor. and vert. direction....

u3t3euon.jpg

zzeumovq.jpg

Edited by rudolphwolven
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, rudolphwolven said:

Keep in mind that with the bar type of steering locks generally the thieve does not attack the bar itself but simply cuts the steering wheel with one or two saw sleeves........thereafter the steering wheel can be bent rather easily and the lock is easily shifted away / pulled of........ 

Of course the steering wheel is damaged but it is still possible to drive the car.

INBREKER.jpg.0d4a3c6b739e4cd659f3a35b49ee4b6c.jpg

You seem to know a lot about this Ruud 🤣

7 hours ago, rudolphwolven said:

BTW.....my solution for my GT 410Sport IPS.........a IPS/brake lock....

A little uncomfortable to put up but hardly no space for a thieve to attack........

Consists of a steel bar and and a ABUS (motorbike) disc lock that encloses the bar and pedal stem firm wit no play in hor. and vert. direction....

u3t3euon.jpg

zzeumovq.jpg

I couldn't be arsed banging about on my hands and knees everytime I wanted to take my Evora out. It's bad enough trying to find the fault code diagnostic plug and the front service hatch lever once in a blue moon. But maybe your hips, knees and back are in a much better condition than mine Ruud? 😉

But I do like the steering wheel sticker. That would probably make me think twice

@rudolphwolven Thanks for your posts. 

Yes, the Autoexpress article (and others) mention that thieves saw through the steering wheel to remove the steering wheel locks. So they are more of a deterrent to the opportunistic/apprentice thief 😀, as they can be overcome by a determined one. Obviously, they are almost useless in a scenario where a determined thief wants to nick the car and the car is out of view and they have the luxury of time. Mine is on my driveway.

Thanks for the pic and info on the brake lock you use, I like the idea, although my car is my daily driver so I think I'd need a solution that has a bit more convenience.