Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
S4 lights staying up - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

S4 lights staying up

Hello everyone . Got the s4 out today. After connecting the battery the lights have popped up but have not come down again.

Any ideas on how to get them down. Tried all the switches . Disconnected and reconnected  the battery but no joy.

All the best

It's Oogies turn to boogie

I had one pod stick up. That turned out to be dirty connections on the motor bushes causing that motor to be weak. Removed, stripped and cleaned and it was fine again.

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

If it was just one light, I'd suspect something sticking (either the motor or mechanism) and you should be able to help them by manually winding them down (careful, with the battery connected the motors can take over, so be ware of the moving linkage!).

But of both stay up, it's more likely a control problem. Either wiring, the delay module or the control box. you should try and measure if there is voltage applied to the motors to bring the pods back down.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• 5 weeks later...

The delay module headlamp pod relay 29.in the parts list.

Got the relay from the green spark Ripca Ripaults 2032C Mini relay changeover 12V  30-40A 5-pins cost £2.08 plus vat and shipping.

Added a few spades and wires. Note one is a small spade. 

all the best20230426_142608.jpg.cf3bad4dd0cfe2d96b9d9463f94969d5.jpg

• Like 1

Brilliant - Thanks.  I just ordered one.

Can you confirm the wiring?  I think I have seen it posted.  Save me the research.

FWIW I am working with a company that builds solid state relays.  I sent him my old relay and he is looking at building a replacement for us.

The problem is the housing, it would be very expensive for him to come up with a plug and play alternative and manufacture a new plug base.  He is looking at making replacement "guts" where we would use your old plug base.

He said he wont have time to mess with it much until this fall.

https://www.ftech9.com/new-products/993-ssr-pp

57424a5683fc4_Workarounddescription.thumb.jpg.40a11922c1e822714e92f7dbb5bc9d68.jpg.eb968e6d032c09060b7459b933bff5eb.jpgThe delay module headlamp pod relay 29.in the parts list.

Got the relay from the green spark Ripca Ripaults 2032C Mini relay changeover 12V  30-40A 5-pins cost £2.08 plus vat and shipping.

Added a few spades and wires. Note one is a small spade. 

all the best

relay wiring pic is from someone else who posted ages ago20230426_142608.jpg.cf3bad4dd0cfe2d96b9d9463f94969d5.jpg

• Thanks 1