Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Eletre Reviews - Page 3 - Eletre Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Eletre Reviews

jonwat

It’s odd his experience of the Taycan 4S because having one in the family neither myself or my brother have ever seen 3.0miles/KW, at the moment it’s never getting above 2.1/KW where as my i4M50 is consistently hitting 2.3-2.4/KW.

I’m not dismissing this side of the review because it’s his findings with the car but everyone will see different figures because of how they drive and some are more heavy footed than others but I have seen two other reviews with 2.4/KW the figure achieved.

Currently driving an i4M50

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Funny that one of the main concerns on a 600bhp car is it's efficiency! Can't imagine a review of a McLaren focussing on efficiency & MPG but I do get that EV's seem to be centred around economical driving, despite the ones he discussed being six figure cars. 

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

EV probably needs 600bhp because it weighs over 2 tons. A McLaren has power for fun, not to compensate for blubber. 

Efficiency on EV important so owner can work out if they can get to a destination on one charge. 

EV concept so flawed in the manner it is currently being executed.

Justin 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I made the switch from an M5 Competition to an i4M50, at the time this decision was mostly centred around both business benefits and I was curious about the idea of running an EV.

The i4M50 on the 20” rims only claim 226 miles of range in the summer so I knew it wouldn’t be amazing in the cold but in all honesty I have only noticed a drop of around 10-15% but it’s important to pre heat prior to setting off which is dead easy with home charging. 

On the back of this review I asked the brother what he is currently seeing on his Taycan and it’s 1.9miles/KW again he seldom pre heats so there’s the rub. I think it’s as much how you drive as to how efficient these EVs are.

One thing I do know is that with all EVs the quicker you go on a long journey especially the less efficient it is, which is why I have become a lot more chilled. 😊

p.s.

Yep it’s 2.5t weight and it can still haul ass even compared to a similar ICE equivalent, which kind of shocked me.

I will add that range will always be a concern especially if you regularly do long journeys to work on a daily basis but if this isn’t the case then you shouldn’t be put off by an EV because you need only add enough to get you home and then put it on your home charger where prices are a fraction of those at charging stations.

Newbie so usual forum apologies if in wrong section but obviously watched Harry last night and was quite worried.

I ordered a Base Solar Yellow with Diamond Wheels, Magnetite, Intelligent Roof, Kef Reference, Privacy Glass, Air System and 22 Carbon 5 Spokes.  £100K seemed exceptionally good for that spec.  Heard nothing for a month from deposit.

Test drive at Silverstone (top people there) and loved the car.  There is, however, an R pre config with Magnetite, 22s (vital for Cotswolds horror roads) and Kef available at £130 and am tempted BUT it has those mirror cameras....

Have people really hated them and are they as bad as Harry suggests (they looked fairly ropey).

Range is a big concern but perhaps Firmware updates OTA will help but what Harry was getting was awful.  I would be more than happy with 280 real world but not sure R will give me that.

What's wait time for order confirmations (surely a month is too long) and delivery ish?  I was hoping March April from Nov 24th order.

Thanks all in advance!

I have camera mirrors on mine.

They are excellent. It takes a few days to get used to them, which is why most reviewers don't like them.

But they are very clear and easy to use. Excellent at night

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RogEletre said:

What's wait time for order confirmations

My experience is that nothing happens unless you force an update by calling Customer Services.
I received no communication that my early Natron Red order had been cancelled.
I received no communication that my replacement stock vehicle (Green) was not actually available.
I received no communication about my latest reserved pre-configured vehicle but Customer Services tell me it is apparently ready!

Back on thread topic - there are plenty of Eletres around so why are there so few UK reviews?

Thanks - operation force update will be in play tomorrow and will keep you all posted.
I was hoping for more UK real life range reviews.

Am still tempted by the Solar Yellow R as am very impatient.  Anyone have the aero mirrors real world?

18 hours ago, jimbobjoe said:

I have camera mirrors on mine.

They are excellent. It takes a few days to get used to them, which is why most reviewers don't like them.

But they are very clear and easy to use. Excellent at night

Sorry had missed this - interesting to see a positive!  Like Ferrari steering wheel controls - stalks seem so old fashioned now and really clunky.

• 2 weeks later...

Way quicker than I imagined, almost 2s quicker than an Audi RSQ8 from 100-200Km/h. All from only 600hp, right we believe you Lotus. 😂

• 3 months later...

https://www.whatcar.com/lotus/eletre/estate/review/n26330

This review on UK roads mirrors my feelings about the car. Excellent as the Eletre is the low speed ride quality is appalling!

In town the rear wheels/suspension thump loudly and it's worse on some undulating surfaces which seem to resonate with the thumping quite unpleasantly.
I know the (rear) tyres are wide but surely the the air suspension and adaptive dampers should mitigate this?
Even on steel springs the IPace was hugely better on the same roads (at the expense of just a touch more body roll).

I am beginning to suspect my suspension is stuck in Sport mode. It wasn't something I noticed on the long test drive.
A question for other owners - can you detect much difference in the suspension between Tour and Sport (other than the default ride height)?

Apologies if this post should really go in the "Suspension" section but I wanted to tie it to the review.

Did they drive the one with the upgraded suspension and 48V etc?  Apologies but it's an option on the S and Base is it not (sorry if mistaken(.

Oddly I find it very comfy (22s on P Zero Corsa - can't wait for Michelin Pilot Sport 4S when they die) and drive mainly in Individual which is softer suspension, Sport Steering and Braking and Tour/Range Power.  I then use Track for faster stuff as Sport doesn't appear the much different and Track is a touch sharper.

Infotainment we know is glitchy but better in 1.4.0x (and CarPlay helps).

Noise hasn't bothered me either on motorway but that might be because am used to it being horrific haha

23 minutes ago, RogEletre said:

Did they drive the one with the upgraded suspension and 48V etc? 

That's an interesting point. I'd guess they didn't have the Dynamic handling Pack on the 'S' in this recent review.
But yes I can imagine that with the active anti-roll system etc.  Lotus can afford to run the air suspension softer in Tour mode and rely on the active anti-roll.
That would certainly explain why the bulk of (early) reviews don't mention ride quality.

All three models are meant to have "Continuous Damping Control (CDC)" but there isn't much difference between Sport and Tour.

Agreed the Sport mode steering is better.

Edited by RichEV

20 hours ago, RichEV said:

A question for other owners - can you detect much difference in the suspension between Tour and Sport (other than the default ride height)?

Funny you say that, I was only thinking the same yesterday, as it just don't feel any difference.  I would rather like a bit more bounce/soft feeling in Tour. 

What's frustrating about questions like this with the driving mode is that AFAIK, there is no information to say what these the different modes are supposed to do.  The only real different I notice between any of them is the throttle response.  I'd really like to know what Range mode is supposed to do to presumably extend the range - because I not convinced that there is any difference to the range in comparison to the Tour mode. 

6 hours ago, aquiss said:

Funny you say that, I was only thinking the same yesterday, as it just don't feel any difference.  I would rather like a bit more bounce/soft feeling in Tour. 

I think it’s a great deal more taught on country lanes and feels like less body roll.  Will test it more in anger when next in country.  Track is certainly fun and seems fine even on road.  Are S and Base on P Zero as opposed to Corsa?  I suspect Michelin Pilot Sport 4S (or 5S) rubber will transform.

1 hour ago, RogEletre said:

I think it’s a great deal more taught on country lanes and feels like less body roll.  Will test it more in anger when next in country.  Track is certainly fun and seems fine even on road.  Are S and Base on P Zero as opposed to Corsa?  I suspect Michelin Pilot Sport 4S (or 5S) rubber will transform.

Yeah P Zeros on S

Are Michelin making OEM tyres for the Eletre?

22 hours ago, aquiss said:

Yeah P Zeros on S

Are Michelin making OEM tyres for the Eletre?

I did a search for sizes and you can get Pilot Sport 4 S in 22 inch size and weight rating so that sounds like the best option.  They do an SUV tyre as well but will need to research the differences.

• 3 weeks later...