Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Emira I4 - Page 4 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Emira I4

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
1 hour ago, deano said:

Has anyone threaten to cancel to see if they give any discount or other freebies? 

Threaten away. Be a chancer. I believe they'll just say bye and wish you well.

When did this type of behaviour become "normal" in the UK?

You're not one of those influenza (sic) types who phones up restaurants offering to promote them on your social media for a free meal?

If I owned a restaurant my response would be two words, 7 letters, in response :harhar:

1 hour ago, deano said:

Has anyone threaten to cancel to see if they give any discount or other freebies? 

Threaten away. Be a chancer. I believe they'll just say bye and wish you well.

When did this type of behaviour become "normal" in the UK?

You're not one of those influenza (sic) types who phones up restaurants offering to promote them on your social media for a free meal?

If I owned a restaurant my response would be two words, 7 letters, in response :harhar:

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Lol didn't mean it like that, just when my camper was delayed nearly 12 months with VW they tried to "kept me sweet" by a few merch freebies & £2000 grand off 

• Haha 1

Hence my emoji to make sure you knew it was a bit of banter...

Might be worth asking re the 3 years free servicing and the 50:50 interest free deal. If you can afford the cash payments it's probably worth £6-11k in avoided interest payments, so a substantial sum.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

To sell more! They have to basically cover what would be the interest payment on the finance on the 50:50 deal so it's pretty expensive for them to offer it, it's a major sales incentive. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

2 minutes ago, Bibs said:

To sell more

But I thought they had brimming full order books ;)

The small print.

They do, but it's a foolish business that doesn't incentivise more sales? 50:50 was very popular on the Elise/Exige/Evora in retaining customers of 2 (or was it 3?) year old cars moving into a new one, you basically just kept swapping the old car for the 50% of the next one.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

To sell more! They have to basically cover what would be the interest payment on the finance on the 50:50 deal so it's pretty expensive for them to offer it, it's a major sales incentive. 

But why not on the I4? Obviously more profit margin in the V6? 

It will likely come to the I4 just as it has to the V6.

@Bibs not sure the renew at 2 will be as popular on the Emira as can't see too many manual V6 owners swapping to auto four pots. However, I may be wrong, I often am.

The small print.

Perhaps, as when Artioli bought Lotus, they've opened a shed door and found hundreds of crates of engines and gearboxes: V6 this time not Isuzu 4 pots. Thank goodness they did back in '94. Elan S2 was born which part funded the Project 111 - the Elise.

Back on topic, I'd love to drive the Merc Emira, I would think a very impressive everyday sports car.

Justin 

@Bibs the forum merge completely confused me, was just browsing trying to figure out where my post was ;)

So unfortunately I had to reschedule, my son was taken ill suddenly (nothing serious but a sleepless couple of nights), it was re-scheduled for today but I can hardly type I'm that exhausted so just re-scheduled for Monday :( I'm gutted (and wanted to share here) but family first right ...

Edited by UKEmirai4pending

@deano get yourself on a test drive at Hethel mate, it has been a real bumpy ride for customers on the Emira but the arrival of the i4 test drives has reignited all the passion I first had when seeing the Emira on the roadshow back in 2021. I spent my fair share of time in large corporates and do have a lot of sympathy for the growing pains of Lotus but I remind myself, its largely the same people there that have been there for years, and after all it's the people that make it what it is.

Had a call off my local dealer at the beginning of the week saying my i4 was due imminently, had to explain to him  it was cancelled about 5 months ago !  

• Confused 1

Future wish list - Exige V6

On 06/03/2024 at 09:53, Nick Sticks said:

Ask about servicing.
I read someone in the UK said they were getting 3 years servicing included free.
Couldn't work out if it was a dealer specific thing or Lotus being generous.

I just got an email from Bell & Colvill offering 0% finance and 3 years free servicing on i4s bought by the end of the month.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, UKEmirai4pending said:

It's been a crazy week for me for many reasons but this morning I got a surprise ...

- A reminder that on 26th Feb I called Lotus, basically can you give me any indication if/when the car might come as I'm about to cancel my order and pickup a used v6 instead.
- Monday 4th I get the surprise invite to "review and confirm" my order
- Obviously been arranging the test drive in the meantime.
- This morning I get an email saying my car has been delivered to my local dealer!! 

I think I'm in shock ...

Some things never change………. Well enjoy it after the wait.
Just used my IPS one for its first really long run down to The Lake District for the weekend and it was very comfortable. So glad I went Touring suspension with the state of the roads once off the M’way as I drove a Sports with Cup 2’s for a day this week and very squirmy on cold roads and weather. 

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

On 06/03/2024 at 18:52, C8RKH said:

Hence my emoji to make sure you knew it was a bit of banter...

Might be worth asking re the 3 years free servicing and the 50:50 interest free deal. If you can afford the cash payments it's probably worth £6-11k in avoided interest payments, so a substantial sum.

Hey mate, so the guys at Hethel confirmed the 50:50 deal and 3 years free servicing, it appears to be limited to cars delivered in March and certainly for my i4. It was a little unclear if this extended to v6, I'm guessing it's any stocked cars they can get out in March. I did speak to my local dealer who has some (presumedly cancelled) v6's where he said he could offer the 50:50 but the servicing deal.

What, V6 production no more. Already?

The small print.

I'd been told that by my local dealer last week and the Hethel guys stated it too today, however I don't believe the configurator for v6 has been taken away so I'm not entirely sure as to what this means atm. I am guessing there's inefficiencies to running both on the same production line, and thus a choice to focus on the i4 exclusively maybe?

(I need a strapline that states, I know nothing, am nobody, don't quote me) :)