Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Emira I4 - Page 5 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Emira I4

Bibs

1 minute ago, C8RKH said:

What, V6 production no more. Already?

Had seen a similar comment elsewhere, but thought we are expecting a higher power version?

15 hours ago, UKEmirai4pending said:

An awesome afternoon at the hospitality of the guys at Hethel, you'll likely know better than me that they're great guys, know their stuff and passionate about Lotus (no question unanswered, no ask unfulfilled).

I tried both the i4 touring and the v6 sports, both were an assault on the senses (exactly what I would have hoped) and took me the 2 hour drive home to really gather my thoughts (I'm obviously not an expert in these matters either). I don't think you could go wrong with either car and I have been left with even more indecision than when I started the day (some of the new colours on offer for the i4 are super nice too, personally zinc grey a winner).

It's hard to summarise but I think they're different cars for different purposes, it wasn't until I got home that I realised that in the v6, I didn't once look at anything else in the cockpit, the drive was so all consuming (in a good way ofc) that I was just emersed in the symbiotic relationship between man and machine (hoping my Lotus passenger doesn't comment on my gear changes). The i4 was certainly a little more relaxed, and I engaged more with the cockpit, it was much easier to cruise and have a chat in the i4.

The touring chassis on the i4 certainly felt great and I'd suggest comparative to the sports chassis in the v6 but without the hardness when it comes to bumps. I really missed the gurgle of the v6, the sound track of the i4 less engaging perhaps inevitably. I wasn't overly impressed with the i4 gearbox, it felt a bit laggy, less pronounced and I think I would have needed a lot more time with it to really understand its personality and get the most out of it.

My conclusion then (and I suspect not surprising), if you want a true daily driver, or you'll be doing a lot of miles then the i4 likely the best choice. However if you're going out for an hour or two on the weekend to get the blood racing, the v6 does that a bit better (and as my Lotus passenger told me, my smile was much larger in the v6). Again though, the i4 will too but with optionality ...

One other comment that stuck with me was that the production of the v6 was stopping/stopped, thus likely to create an interesting situation with residuals, as demand would assumedly exceed supply.

However I'm now in a (wonderful) dilemma myself...

Interesting comments re the laggy gearbox. In the Harrys garage video there seemed to be a noticable issue with the gear shift times.

The ZF gearbox in our new M2 is super fast for a torque convertor auto and BMW made a lot of noise about how the gear change speeds have been improved, which I read were around 150 v 100 in say a PDK. I'd assumed that the Merc double clutch box was similar to a Porsche PDK, but there does seem to be a slight disconnect between the paddle click and the actual gear change with the Lotus/Merc set up in the Emira.

I have to say I’m not an expert, I was pondering if it was more related to turbo lag than gearbox but there wasn’t the same sense of power response the manual/v6 combination gave.

I think I’m leaning towards completing my original order for the i4 (apparently it’s now referred to as Emira Turbo). If I do get it next week I’ll really be able to get a sense for it and feedback.

Nice feedback @Denno, think you’ll go for one? My delivery day is next Thursday but I’ve had an absolute nightmare trying to pay, I should have heeded their warnings but I’d never thought it could be so hard to pay (I do blame Barclays at least partly).

Edited by UKEmirai4pending

It depends if they will honour my price from when I cancelled in November. The car I spec’d is apparently landing at the dealer next week though. They had my deposit for the best part of 2.5yrs before I quit. Waiting to hear back.

Future wish list - Exige V6

On 06/03/2024 at 14:27, deano said:

Has anyone threaten to cancel to see if they give any discount or other freebies? 

Well I picked mine up today and have been super happy with it. I do have one annoying frustration with it though, forget three point turns! Moving from drive to reverse is a nightmare, put aside the need to go from 1st to neutral and then reverse, it seems often the reverse doesn’t engage leaving you half way through a three point looking like a pillock.

Other than that it’s been an immense joy this afternoon!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

To update on my recent experience, Lotus must be confident that they will sell all these cancelled order new cars. They eventually came back to me to confirm they wouldn’t honour my original price of approx £82k and it would be £85k+ if I still wanted my cancelled built car. Have told them no thanks. Will keep my eye on the used market and also have my eye on the 992 Gts, not sure why I’m so drawn to them as not exactly like for like comparison to the Emira.

Future wish list - Exige V6

It's all about the drivers @Denno

• Haha 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Now available in 'Turbo SE' in the UAE...

Lotus Cars UAE Confirms Revised 25MY Emira Line-up Including New Performance Turbo SE Flagship

• Lotus revises Emira line-up to enhance offering to customers.
  • Emira Turbo, Turbo SE, and Emira V6 to replace the existing First Edition variants.
  • New Emira Turbo SE variant features new levels of performance including an increase in power and torque over the existing Emira First Edition, making it the quickest Emira to date.
  • Emira Turbo SE is capable of 0-100 KM/H in 4 seconds and has a maximum speed of 290 KM/H.
  • New range of option packs and features introduced including new wheel finishes, audio option internal & external model branding
  • Emira Turbo and Emira V6 are available in Vivid Red as the standard colour with the Emira Turbo SE featuring Zinc Grey.
  • Now available for pre-orders in the UAE with prices starting from AED 410,000.

Adamas Motor Group, the official dealer of Lotus Cars in the United Arab Emirates and Kingdom of Bahrain is delighted to confirm the 2025 Emira lineup to include the Emira Turbo, Emira Turbo SE and Emira V6. These new derivatives build on the strong foundations of the Emira First Edition and Emira V6 First Edition which have captivated driving enthusiasts around the world since their respective launches in 2022 and 2023.

The new models feature enhanced levels of performance and design whilst building on the attributes the automotive world has come to expect, including striking lines, thrilling dynamic performance delivering a unique blend of ride and handling, outstanding aerodynamics.

Customers will still have the choice of the Lotus Emira V6 with its supercharged 3.5-litre engine which is matched to a choice of six-speed manual and automatic transmissions. Drivers will also be able to choose between the Emira Turbo and Turbo SE which both utilise a 4-cylinder variable geometry Turbocharged engine with an 8-speed dual-clutch transmission (DCT) gearbox.

“We are thrilled to announce the addition of new variants to the award winning Emira, one of the most successful Lotus models to date. In 2025, the Emira range will extend to meet wider customer needs while retaining the brand’s DNA and driving dynamics Lotus is renowned for.”

Dan Balmer, President & CEO, Lotus Cars – Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa.

“The Lotus Emira has quickly become one of the most successful and sought-after sportscars in the UAE and the latest 2025 line-up exemplifies our shared passion about performance and innovation.  Adamas Motor Group remains deeply committed to matching this product excellence with the highest quality of customer service to ensure that the ownership experience of our clients is as thrilling as the cars themselves.”

Karl Hamer, Chairman & CEO – Adamas Motor Group

Powertrain performance

The Emira Turbo is powered by a 4-cylinder variable geometry turbocharged 360bhp engine with an 8-speed DCT gearbox. This performance has been enhanced in the new Emira Turbo SE which is equipped with 400 bhp and has an increase in torque of 40Nm. The Emira V6 maintains its 400bhp charge-cooled and supercharged 3.5-litre V6 engine, which is available with a choice of standard 6-speed manual or cost option 6-speed automatic gearbox.

Core Features

Lotus has incorporated new levels of performance features and all new design features into the
Emira Turbo, Emira Turbo SE and Emira V6. In addition to a wide array of options that are available for customers who want to choose the Emira that reflects them.

Emira Turbo

The Emira Turbo features new core performance features such as single piece brakes, alongside a host of new design features. These include new 20” 10-Spoke lightweight cast alloy wheel in gloss silver, new ‘Emira Turbo’ branding, new standard foot pedals and a new interior technical fabric headliner.

Other key core features include Vivid Red paint, black brake callipers, black leather interior, 12-way electric seats, Touring suspension settings and the acclaimed Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport tyres which have been developed exclusively for Emira.

Emira Turbo SE

The Emira Turbo SE also hosts a variety of new performance features such as an increase of 40 PS and 50 Nm which equates to an 11mph increase in top speed and a reduction in 0-100km/h time to 4.0 seconds. The Emira Turbo SE comes with the Lotus Drivers Pack as standard including Sports suspension settings, uprated cross drilled and ventilated two-piece brake discs and launch control.

In addition to performance enhancements the Emira Turbo SE also comes with a variety of core design features. These include newly finished 20” V-spoke forged Satin Grey wheels as standard as well as Zinc Grey paint, Alcantara headliner, red brake calipers, new ‘Emira Turbo SE’ badging, new black Lotus branding and black Lotus badging and tailpipes.

Emira V6

The Emira V6 includes performance features such as cross drilled and ventilated two-piece brake discs, Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport tyres, Touring suspension and a limited slip differential (LSD) for manual models. The Emira V6 also hosts a number of design features such as headlining, A-Pillars and Cantrail in black technical fabric and new branding.

Naming

The naming of the vehicles stems from Lotus’s rich history.

The Emira Turbo reflects not only the 2-litre turbocharged in-line four-cylinder engine but when the turbo was first implemented in 1980 with the Turbo Esprit, which was one of the early production sports cars to use this technology.

Further, the Emira Turbo SE harks back to when SE was originally an optional ‘Special Equipment’ package, first introduced on the Type 14 Elite. It was also used with the Type 26 Elan, Elan SE Turbo, Lotus Cortina and the Elan S3, Elan S4 and Plus 2. In addition, Lotus has historically used the SE variant to identify higher output and more standard equipment are the Esprit Turbo SE, Excel SE, Elan SE and the Europa SE. Hence to stay true to the Lotus ‘SE’ brand, the Emira Turbo SE adopts ‘SE’ to reflect the higher output and increased levels of equipment.

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Those figures aren’t going to make us swop our GT430, come on Lotus let’s have a proper midlife upgrade 

• Like 1

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430