Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Heater to block pipework S4. - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Heater to block pipework S4.

Good Afternoon. Work has resumed on the engine install on my S4. A lot of the pipework on the car was either toast or replaced at some point with incorrect hoses. I am wanting to run the heater hose which mates to the cylinder head under the cams but unsure of the routing to avoid the many belts and pulleys. Also should this hose have an elbow on the end as mine is a straight hose (marked 'Ford' 🫣)

Thanks in advance.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I definitely get now why an extra inch makes things so much more pleasurable. Why is the bulkhead so bloody close 😂😂

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Clarky5150 said:

I definitely get now why an extra inch makes things so much more pleasurable. Why is the bulkhead so bloody close 😂😂

If it was easy, everyone would do it. 🙂

But really, it's not too bad, you just need to hang in there.

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

3 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

Point to note - I found the rad return hose was too long where it fits onto the pump. It was so close to the cam belt it was touching, so I shortened it to get more clearance.

Thanks Ian. Was just skimming through your resto thread for the hundredth time. Because im replacing the hose ive attacked it arse backwards and joined at the engine first so i have a 2 meter hose to play with to get the run exactly where i want it. This afternoons fun was plumbing the AOS and other ancillaries. A good days work on an install that should have been completed last year!