Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
EVORA Production Question. - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

EVORA Production Question.

au-yt

As Bibs mentioned, there were "about" 6,000 Evora's built over the 14 years of production. This only averages out at "428" cars per year.

However I wonder just what the model break down is, using averages doesn't give a true indication.

I have asked LOTUS PR, but no response, has any one else have any info.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
10 minutes ago, au-yt said:

However I wonder just what the model break down is

This website can give you an idea for the UK market:

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?q=Evora&commit=Search

However, it is definitely not an exact science. The classification of the various 'types' of Evora comes from what is on the registration document (the V5 in the UK). However, how each car was actually classified on it's day seemed to often come down to how the junior admin clerk was feeling on the day. For example, there are obviously plenty of V6 Evoras. However, you might struggle to find the V2 IPS version in real life: https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/lotus_evora_ips_4_v2_auto

From memory it was 6114 in total.

Good luck finding the true breakdown per model. Car production figures always seem to get disputed and diluted with prototypes, press cars, mules, mixers etc....

I'm still unsure what the true figure is for Evora Sport 410 worldwide. More than 20, less than 40:

MY2016 - 3 development/press cars; MY2017 - 20 manual, 2 GP Edition (black/gold), 5 IPS. I don't know if they made any MY2018 Sport 410. This info from Cert of Prov for the UV one I owned until 2022 but the letter states 'for the UK market only' so are there more Sport 410 LHD and/or ROW?

Justin 

Interesting insight into the numbers, I am really interested for the numbers sold to Australia, Whats also interesting the numbers of ISP V Manual, as more manuals than ISP's. In Australia the percentage is greatly reversed.

Looks Like a rest to the LOTUS Archives

I believe the number sold to Australia is between 100-120. We were allocated 40 launch editions, but sales figures from the first few years suggest these weren’t all sold. I can’t remember where I saw the sales figures though. Due to a combination of bad economic times and lack of customer awareness, very few cars seem to have shifted from 2013-15. The introduction of the 400 seemed to reinvigorate things briefly before sales evaporated again.

Whilst imperfect, the classifieds listings I have seen corroborate these numbers. In three years, most cars come up from 2010-2012, maybe one or two from 2013-14, six to eight from 2016-2017, and I’ve seen perhaps two or three from 2018+. I have seen one car from 2015, if at all (might have been 2014 but first registered 2015).

From what I have seen, most cars in Australia were manual. The IPS ones hang around on sale forever due to lack of demand. To me, it wouldn’t make sense for IPS to have dominated sales (or even had half of them), because sales are so thin anyway it seems odd to go out of your way to pick a “true enthusiast” car, only to then lump it with a torque converter auto.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...