Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Tracker Fitted to Elise or Exige - Suggestions and Comments pls. - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Tracker Fitted to Elise or Exige - Suggestions and Comments pls.

Jcx

Hi Guys,

Reviewing insurance again and some want a tracker.  Who here has fitted a tracker and what did you choose?  I have always been hesitant due to power draw and just having a third-party work on my car.

So, who went for what and how is it?

Thx  JC

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Guys,

Reviewing insurance again and some want a tracker.  Who here has fitted a tracker and what did you choose?  I have always been hesitant due to power draw and just having a third-party work on my car.

So, who went for what and how is it?  Oh and who did you use for the install?

(I did also post to the V6 Exige Forum but i thought i may get more eyes on this thread so please forgive the double post).

Thx  JC

Unless you are likely to save the cost of the tracker in your insurance premium, I wouldn't bother.  If the thief is a pro it will soon be disabled or removed if fitted in any of the regular spots.

Awful things and complete waste of money. I had one professionally fitted to my Evora and it just fell off within a week. That was 8 years ago. It now just hangs loose on its wires. I regret letting the guy install it, but I had no choice at the time due to the car’s value. I would certainly recommend you find an insurer who doesn’t demand a tracker. Don’t forget that you also have to fork out loads of money each year just for the pleasure of having it. I bet car thieves just laugh when they come across one.

• Gold FFM

Excuse the thread drift, but thought you might be amused by this Tracker story.

I hired a car in Johannesburg and it was stolen outside of a friend's house. The Tracker was activated and the police went to the site in Soweto to retrieve it. They did retrieve the Tracker - however, it was no longer attached to the car. Anyway, that was what I was told by the Car Hire company, who replaced the car without a murmur!

• Haha 2

Have a tracker in the Esprit - fitted by Tracker themselves (well an authorised fitter) at home. Doesn't cost me anything annually as I took out the lifetime subscription which is a one off payment with no yearly charges. Will activate if the car is moved - detects if the car is lifted to be put on a trailer. Once went off when it was in for service - the mechanic pushed the car from one side of the garage to the other - I got a call from tracker to check if everything was OK.

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

Thanks guys.  I too will choose a lifetime subscription if i get a tracker fitted.  Still would prefer to do without.  May look at other insurers.