Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Esprit identification HELP needed! - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Esprit identification HELP needed!

TseL

Greetings from Finland!

I just have paid (money transfer) this car to lad who lives in Hertogenbosch: Joe Jerok.

I have lost the contact for that seller Joe Jerok. He wont answer calls or any messages.

If anyone could help me to identify/any info of the car or seller i will be pleased!

Have I been get scammed? Or what? Help

Lotus Esprit turbo 2.2 Lhd 1987

Black, 107 700km

Reg. PN-RG-42

VIN scc082devhhh10005

This car was in auction year ago:

https://www.classicdriver.com/en/car/lotus/esprit/1987/903059

And on youtube also:

IMG-20230821-WA0069.jpg

IMG-20230821-WA0014.jpg

IMG-20230821-WA0046.jpg

IMG-20230821-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20230821-WA0070.jpg

IMG-20230821-WA0068.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The history shows the car is still registered, to the same owner for the last 2.5 years.

Surely you have a name and address for the money transfer and hopefully he provided some kind of proof of ownership?

I hope things work out for you. In general, I would never buy a car unseen or without knowing the owner. Or at least have it checked out by someone from the forum or such, for an independent view. As it's a Dutch car, and a special one being a pre production model, chances are @Tocus knows it and with some luck the current owner as well.

Filip

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

1 hour ago, Escape said:

The history shows the car is still registered, to the same owner for the last 2.5 years.

Surely you have a name and address for the money transfer and hopefully he provided some kind of proof of ownership?

I hope things work out for you. In general, I would never buy a car unseen or without knowing the owner. Or at least have it checked out by someone from the forum or such, for an independent view. As it's a Dutch car, and a special one being a pre production model, chances are @Tocus knows it and with some luck the current owner as well.

Filip

I know, I made a bad mistake. I've never really trusted strangers.

Everything just seems right when I've received almost hundreds of pictures of the car and videos.

I found the original sale ad on mobile.de (wich have been now deleted), after which we have discussed the car shop in dozens of e-mails for weeks and one phone call.
I have a passport photo and address of this seller that shows this seller. (if he is who he is?).

Any help is welcome as my money has gone to her account.

Oh dear. It's probably no help in telling you that you've been well and truly shafted by Jerkoff Joe 😕

The only thing I can suggest is to contact the fraud dept of your own bank. They may or may be able to help to verify the address, but I doubt it due to data protection laws.

Good luck.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bibs said:

Sorry to hear, but welcome. 

One of those pics appear to be parked out the front of Van Der Kooi, have you asked them if they are still in contact if that's your seller sat in the car?

I just called. They were an amazing help for this case BUT they do not have any info of the owner. No name, no address, no phone number, etc...

My car transport company was also very disappointed with the situation.

Ps. I have been contact to my bank clerk about this situation/case. So any info/help is welcome and needed :( 

On 13/09/2023 at 23:43, Bibs said:

You can send him a message or doing this @lotus-62 will alert him to this thread 👍

Does anyone know this nic: @lotus-62 ? Anyone? Could someone who knows her contact her by calling? I would greatly appreciate your help.

I have send him PM...I would really like to know who and where that frame number picture was taken (4. august 2022).

She was last logged in 8. september 2023 clock 22.53 (date 8.9.2023)

Do you have anything of an adress?

i live 5 kms from s hertogenbosch, seen the advert and was tempted by it......

• Like 1

I once bought a motorbike without viewing it in the flesh. I used an Escrow company and asked for a specific picture of the bike, the seller, and a piece of paper with words written on it that I dictated, along with the sellers driving licence to show his name and address.

This is the minimum I would think to be safe!

I hope you are in touch with the police as well as your bank. The bank may be able to reverse the payment if it falls under one of their scam protocols. 

1 hour ago, cor said:

If its a scam you can bet the car isn't located there. It can all be done from pictures downloaded form the net and with the person in another country.

The best link is if the money was paid into a bank, as they have security set up to ensure people are who they say they are.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cor said:

Of course i have.

Are you gonna visit there or...?

I have passboard pic

Email address

passboard pic with the same guy wich is in the passboard (that might be stolen?)

two phone numbers

car reg.card pic with the same guy Joe Jerok

auto videos

about hundred good quality car pics

repairing history wich is real, etc.. 

Edited by TseL

i know the orginal Owner, this is a scam!!!!

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, TseL said:

Of course i have.

Are you gonna visit there or...?

I have passboard pic

Email address

passboard pic with the same guy wich is in the passboard (that might be stolen?)

two phone numbers

car reg.card pic with the same guy Joe Jerok

auto videos

about hundred good quality car pics

repairing history wich is real, etc.. 

Can visit the guy and see, or can even contact our local police?