Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Is the lotus Eletre really worth it? - Page 2 - Eletre Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Is the lotus Eletre really worth it?

Richardbz

So many good posts on this one.

When you spend this much on a car, you don't intend to just sell it in a couple of years unless you don't really like it or you simply have too much $$$ and trade your cars in every two or three years. In that case it really doesn't matter.

If your concern is valid, in your mind, as to not being a good buy then maybe you should just wait a few years and then buy a good used one and get a better price that you are happy with.

cheers,

Richard

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

@Djs44 not sure me comparing any car would be a good idea; think old timer in his GT430 on a track yes any race track 

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

• 2 weeks later...

after a year long wait, finally we are starting to get our cars, however there are a dozen of available cars right now on the market  , no wait needed, some may be customer cancellation and some are lotus uk preconfigured cars.....thay are all at the list price + options....

looks like the demond is not huge...

Lotus Birmingham did 30 handovers in 1 week, as I believe that they are handling any customers in the Lotus Silverstone area. Exeter are a 'somewhat behind' that, but have one about to go out and delivered a couple.  In the showroom there is a nice green one, but has the camera mirrors. Exeter were saying that PDI's are easy and quick as the cars have come without issues. The Eletre FB group gives the impression that it has been well received by the end customers.

• Like 1

On 17/10/2023 at 12:53, Djs44 said:

Not sure about depreciation on the Eletre . Taycan look good value second hand thou . 

I cancelled my order for an Eletre - I can't imagine it will drive anywhere near as well as the Taycan ( I have a Turbo CT ) . I'm tempted by the Lotus saloon out in 2024 ? 

Taycan are good value second hand for a reason. Reliability not proving to be great at all. I have a mate who is a Porsche Technician, his stories on the Taycan would send your hairs white. However, as it's a Porsche, it'll all be washed over as the usual non Porsche lovers ranting.... :)

On another thread was the YT review where the Taycan had lost £80k!!!!!  in value in 2 years - a £120k new car valued now at £40k.  If you can live with that then great. Personally, I'd want my head examined. But maybe that explains why they look so good as second hand.

• Confused 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Last week Matt at Silverstone said Lotus realistically expects his dealership to sell 100 Emiras and 200 Eletres per year. The Emiras will come in annually for servicing and the Eletres bi-annually, so a similar number in the workshop at any one time. They still need to add some infrastructure for EV (eg. fast charging capacity), but the technicians already have a good knowledge from previous hybrid experience.

Didn't think that Silverstone were selling the Eletre at the moment, must be some sort of tech glitch/requirement for enough electricity in the unit?

The type 134 EV in a couple of years time should be the best seller.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Taycan are good value second hand for a reason. Reliability not proving to be great at all. I have a mate who is a Porsche Technician, his stories on the Taycan would send your hairs white. However, as it's a Porsche, it'll all be washed over as the usual non Porsche lovers ranting.... :)

On another thread was the YT review where the Taycan had lost £80k!!!!!  in value in 2 years - a £120k new car valued now at £40k.  If you can live with that then great. Personally, I'd want my head examined. But maybe that explains why they look so good as second hand.

Mine has been very good ( apart from a new motor ... )  . My wife's had an Etron which was off the road for 6 months  and an i3 for 4 months waiting for parts . My I Pace was great until the infotainment failed , so no radio etc for over 3 months - indeed , was still waiting for parts when i changed to the Taycan. 

I lease my Taycan , so cost is known - unless anything better comes along when it is returned in Feb 2025 , I'll probably buy a used one ( with warranty ) . Can't think of any car I'd prefer as a daily driver at the moment . 

It's not so much the actual numerical performance that make EV's quick - it's how instantaneous the delivery is . 

That said , be keen to see how the Lotus saloon turns out .  

10 hours ago, Djs44 said:

Mine has been very good ( apart from a new motor ... ) 

I do love how Porsche owners over look, or sweep away, some fairly major issues, whilst flagging up things like infotainment issues on other cars lol...

• Like 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On 07/11/2023 at 10:51, C8RKH said:

i bought a taycan turbos s last  year, with in a year

1. the car lost £65k+

2  last winter i waited 6 month for a heat pump replacement , along with hundreds other taycans in uk. No heating in Dec and Jan 

3 Three new tyres , two were exploded when hitting potholes on road, not very big  tho and was not very fast, apparently the car is too heavy,   normal tyre pressure is 42, 21 inch low profile made the tyre very easy to go when hitting a bump or pothole. One tyre had the inside  corner worn through and popped on motoway . 

4 Vodafone server crash made my car think it's stolen locked itself, cannot turn on with key and had to tow to the garage to fix. this is also affecting many Porsche taycans 

5 Just replace the cooling fan as the design of the vent are in the wheel arch and so big grid,  stones and debris  can easily get in and stuck, it was making grinding noise and it is not covered by warranty , fortunately i raised and they covered it for me 

6 now another issue no air come out of vent, only air when internal circulation, they say the valve jammed close for fresh air, will need the car 4-5 day again 

7 other issues the windows make loud high pitched noise  when i lower them,  every time is like killing me.  The front doors are bit short, and the seat is quite low getting in and out is a pain

I still like the car looks stunning, back to Eletre, if the eletre were to have all these issue it would be a disaster.  they only have 13 dealers in uk and i dont want to drive 1.5 hr each time just o drive to the garage .  Just the infrastructure alone, the level of the service lotus can offer is not comparable to Porsche. 

But the price of eletre is, i had  £50s options spec and the car is £170k, with this money, you can spec any top of range cayanne GT and Taycan turbo s.  Near new DBX 707 and bently  Suv are also possible. 

In China, First Eletre owners receive lifetime warranty, free lifetime unlimited charging at Lotus super charge station network, on site maintenance and repair, so most of small issues they will come to you to repair or do the maintenance for you  

Do we get left time warranty here anyone know?

20220929_164856.jpg

20230530_145754.jpg