Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Been a bit quiet round these parts....... - UK - LEGS (Lotus Enthusiast Group Scotland) - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Been a bit quiet round these parts.......

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

When I get my car running definitely up for some meets. Will have to be in new year now however for me. Thanks for effort to revive the group Al.
Clive

Thanks Al.

It would be great to reintroduce a regular once a month breakfast meeting. Unfortunately I am not available on 1st Sunday in November and possibly not on the 1st Sunday in December either, which is a pity as I would love to show off my new wheels 🤔😁. I will be in Switzerland as usual on various dates between January and April this year so might not be available then either. That's one of the reasons I gave up organising the meets as since retiring we do a lot of trips away plus we are up and down the A1 to visit Jackie's Mum in a care home on a monthly basis. I didn't think it was right for me to do the organising and not turn up for the meets. I hope the meets in the future will be as popular as they were in the past and hoist us back to the top of the TLF activity tree!

• 1 month later...

Nice to hear from you Al and congratulations on retirement. It's been a few years since spoke and I know you were having issues with house so I really hope you are settled now.

As a founding member of LEGS I am somewhat embarrassed by my lack of engagement over the last few years. I will fix that soon - the Esprit is in for a major refurb in early Spring with a load of new bits so I will be back on the road in a few months hopefully.  Having said that we've had a s**t year family wise, with my step mother passing away in April, my Dad in September and Jane's Dad in November. So I've spent ot of time in Yorkshire, including Christmas. It's been tough 

I did attend one meet earlier this year on my motorbike at the Boness museum but just got funny looks. But I did get a sit in Sharon and Dave's Emira, which was nice.

Hope to see you all soon. Iny Esprit 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all who have commented above and thanks for the feedback.  Happy New Year. Sorry to hear your news Mark.  You all will have noted that January has slipped by without a meeting I'm afraid as I had diary clashes and family staying over so wasn't allowed out to play today. 

However I hope to put that right with our first meeting of 2024 on 4th February, so try and keep that day free.  I haven't got any hard and fast ideas yet so if anybody wants to ping me ideas here, or by the What'sApp group that I can consider, feel free.

Cheers, Al.

• Like 2

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

I’d also like to get back into some Breakfast meets this year. I look forward to seeing you all at one, at some point when the weather warms back up.

I’m now living just North of Perth in Murthly. Love it up here - the surrounding roads are amazing👍

Alan I’d like to take you up on your offer to be added to the WhatsApp group👍 I’ll PM you.

Cheers

Stephen 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm also still around and have a scroll through the forum from time to time. 

Al, I'd like to be added to the WhatsApp, I'll PM you and am keen to be involved 😁.

Thanks,

Craig. 

Good to have you join.  We managed a 5 car turnout today. Well 4 Lotus ones anyway.

• Like 1

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Well between the joint meet yesterday with Club Lotus and LDC (Lots there but many left by time I took photo) and our LEGS Breakfast Club this morning (5 cars 4 of which Lotus) we are slowly picking up the interest again.  Hopefully we can get a bit of momentum going through the year.

62d8a0be-9cc8-4bee-bcf7-2b1e9e9ce32d 2.JPG

IMG_4224 2.HEIC

• Like 2

From that angle, the Emira looks lit it has had a front end shunt that has pushed the "bonnet" up!

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

No, retirement hasn't caused Alan to lose the ability to count - there were 4 Lotus in attendance, only I had to disappear sharpish (before the above pic was taken) to visit Jennifer in the nursing home.

LotusatMannerstons.jpg.05fa2cf14d704035eed738e5d46eeeca.jpg

• Like 1