Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Market Watch - Page 9 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Market Watch

rizla603104

It's a Marmite car for sure, some will fall over themselves for it while others will be repulsed. 

I drive a Disco too Paul btw. Originally as a workhorse while I restore my '73 Range Rover, but I have to admit I've fallen for the Disco in the meantime.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Still standing by my offer - Give me a shout - it can always be argued upwards!!!!

The decat pipes doing lovely!!!!

Only here once

Bonhams auction at Goodwood Festival of Speeds........

1956 Lotus Eleven Sports-Racing Roadster

Estimate GBP 135,000- 175,000

Sold for GBP 152,700

The-1956-Le-Mans-T_2259534k.jpg

1961 Porsche RS-61 Spyder of Stirling Moss:...

(est. €2,400.000 – 2,800.000)......

Sold for €2,675.136 eguivalent GBP 1.909.300,-

RS-61-ex-Stirling-Moss.jpg

It'a real shame..........once "our" time will come..........

Wonder what Moss woll buy with the proceeds?? It was great to see him going up the hill in the 722 car.....hope I can still do that sort of thing at 85!!

Ah. Only 16 years to go.........(!)

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Actually I get the RS61 it is a propper Porshe not your 911 rubbish with the engine the wrong side of the rear wheels. The RS61 has always been on my want list. There were so few ever built with even fewer being made for public consumption the closest us mortals will ever get is a replica, be sure to buy one fo the proper fakes not the ones made from a beetle, as they are just wrong. 

You would think that cars with a proper Clarke connection would be worth more, but I still think it is the way the cars have been kept in the past and the tattiness of a lot that are on the market that puts buyers off spending big money.  

Do you expect me to talk........ No Mr Bond I expect you to die!

Looks really nice. Love the colour, the early boomerang dash, the monoblock wheels. No mention of mileage though. It would need to be low to achieve the asking price.

Do you expect me to talk........ No Mr Bond I expect you to die!

I went to look at this car (the 29k `97 car advertised on Ebay) three weeks ago and was bitterly disappointed it had many problems that needed putting right, as the guy was asking top, top money I would have expected it to be in tip top condition, sadly it was not.

Edited by phumy

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say the 308 is prettier but the Esprit is more handsome!