Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Market Watch - Page 20 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Market Watch

rizla603104

Nope, quite a nice looking titanium gt :)

It's on pistonheads. I'm posting on my mobile so can't be a*sed to post up the link! 

Oh my... What's an S3 turbo then?

/pedant off

:)

that'll be one of these:

image.jpeg

With one of these in it:

Courtesy of Earl's Court motor show 1981...first outing for the wet sump turbo?

image.jpeg

Nope, quite a nice looking titanium gt :)

It's on pistonheads. I'm posting on my mobile so can't be a*sed to post up the link! 

Ah yes, just found it. Looks nice.

Odd for a V8 not to have a rear wing though..?

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

S3 Turbo is the wrong name. The Lotus name was the Lotus Turbo Esprit.

Tell me about it :)

I am quite proud of myself that I have not mentioned that on this entire thread as yet.

No S3 Turbo ever came out of the Lotus factory. It exists only on this forum.

Yeah with you, it's down to priorities. The upper links and galv. chassis added weight, the benefit being longevity in both cases. For me the car was never about that, practicality doesn't fall into the supercar definition, and we'll ignore the "supercar or not" can o'worms for now :D

The Turbo righted the power wrong and that in itself would have been the focus of any review around launch time. The hacks spake, and it was good. It would have gone a long way to greasing the wheels for a good review. I'm not saying the S3 isn't a great car, I'd love a Turbo or even a go in one, but if you read the fine print it would seem the driving purity was just a little diluted. I could have sworn the S3 came with the new box, and it brought strength but was notchier. 

The "new" box (Renault box) came with the X180, Stevens car.

• Like 1

There was the "C35" type Citroen gearbox but the only differences were the rear cover was slightly different and a few other details, the internals were all the same I believe.

Ah! Think it's the first wingless V8 I've seen.

It's nice to see a V8 without a wing, especially the GT when it was never meant to have one and so many have been retro-fitted. The combination of butch wheels/arches and zero wing makes it the best looking V8 version IMHO

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

It's so hard to value Esprits as good ones so rarely come up for sale and they vary hugely in terms of condition.

But I'll have a go for the hell of it.

S1 - in good order - £25 to £40k £35k-£55k

S2 and S3 - £10 to £16k £12k-£18k

Giugiaro Turbo - £12-25k

X180 > £10k £10k-£15k

SE > £12k £12k-£22k (apparently!)

S4 > £16k £16k-£18k

S4S >£19k £20k-£25k

V8 >£19k £22k-£30k

£25k would appear to be top dollar for an S3 Turbo however, a good Essex could be double that. There's also a V8 for sale with 4000 miles at £49k! A really pristine, low mileage S4s would surely make very high twenties and a Sport 300 somewhere around £50k if you could ever find one. I think the car that's moved across the board is the V8. A £17-18k going rate has suddenly become £23-£25k. 

I only really follow the G cars but would say that the following is more where the cars are. there are so few cars comming up for sales that when they do they cost a lot there are fewer and fewer roapy cars around which does help. even at these prices they are stunning value.  

We should email this to the the car mags to ge them to update the listings ( or works of fiction that they are) and when I say we I mean Bibs!  

S1 - in good order - £25 to £40k £35k-£55k

S2 and S3 - £10 to £16k £18k-£20k

JPS cars 25+

Giugiaro Turbo - £20-30k

Essex Turbo 50+

X180 > £10k £10k-£15k

SE > £12k £12k-£22k (apparently!)

S4 > £16k £16k-£18k

S4S >£19k £20k-£25k

V8 >£19k £22k-£30k

Edited by The Pits
edited to avert a pedant uprising!

Do you expect me to talk........ No Mr Bond I expect you to die!

I think i might put mine on at £19995 as a 'cheap' SE for the hell of it............dream on, if someone buys either of those SE's ill kick my self..... im missing out on a deposit for an Evora at those prices........still dreaming

It's nice to see a V8 without a wing, especially the GT when it was never meant to have one and so many have been retro-fitted. The combination of butch wheels/arches and zero wing makes it the best looking V8 version IMHO

Proof that the wings are just for show..?

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

Interesting colatation of monetary prices,, what should be added to this is the age of the vehicle versus value so the aging factor plays into a level playing field. Lumping like that is like playing polo with a 2 year old pony or a 30 year old one. Do the spread sheet man I would love too see how they stack up. Maybe throw in the new transaction price also.  This would be interesting to see

You betcha,, my Spirit  I am well asure of Esprit  it is correct as posted

and thank you for paying attention

Just to be sure to be sure; is there an i missing? Yes you've wandered into the home of the pedantic. While I'm as it I must bite on behalf of a load of curious "gentlemen", are you of the rare and all hallowed variety of Esprit owner, that is to say a girl-bot? You don't talk like one, it's just the name's putting me in mind of a certain Ms. Jameson of San Fernando. 

That kinda ties in with a turbo E-spirt :innocent: 

(is the photo not there for anyone else?)

Yes GTK  I was brought up with a best friend who was a British RAF brat and a TR nut   We have been the  best friends since 1970 and his wife is all good with our relationship. He is s a stubborn Brit and if I married him I prolly would have off him in his sleep one night.. I  lived around the shops, guys and sports cars. My first was a 67 Spitfire 4 Mar II. I am a certified tomboy from hell  haha. My Dad was why don't you get a Chevy that is larger a safer. I dug my heels in and I/we settle on the Spitfire.

So it is in me blood deeply. I did leave the "I" out and now wish I had not.  The sound of a Formula one is music to my ears. Much like a bunch of pissed hornets waiting for a reason to get it on. Not sure who Ms Jamison is thou. I was actually in the market for a TR6 or Europa and stumbled on this Lotus and I am so glad I did. Not a bot thanx and once I get this picture stuff figured out I will post some pics of the car and me. That way when I hit you with a wrench you will know who it and I  wasn't a bot  hehe. No offense just a gentle tap, maybe two.

I tried to do some pic up loads here but didnt figure out how to link them. It is a different setup theN Lotus Talk forums. Lil help would be nice on how thats done

Edited by Jenna'sEspirtTurbo

Offing dudes in their sleep? You've come home Jenna :lol:

Can't get excited about the Triumphs with you, I'm a heathen philistine though so... there's a french resistance-esque group of Spitfire fans here somewhere though.

Edit: Mods, what about an "i" for the lady? :sofa:

Edited by GTK
  • Like 2