Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Market Watch - Page 34 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Market Watch

rizla603104

3 hours ago, swindon_alan said:

Hmmm. Well Mr Blanchard, give me one of these - definitely WITH the wing - and the Countach can go to hell...

KRB-Lotus-Espirit-PMcG-31.jpg

Well that's just Chavtastic !

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

Beautiful S1..........offered at a realistic price imo for a "semi-restorer" operation...........

This is my point of view for those professionals....

Initial S1 value..............................................GBP 19.995,-

Parts/trim new/reconditioned........................GBP  5.000,-

Respray.........................................................GBP  5.000,-

Labour (at least) 800 hrs x GBP 40,- p/hr.....GBP 32.000,-

"Profit"...........................................................GBP  3.000,-

TOTAL ----------------------------------------------- GBP 64.995,-

I don't think it will sell for that, as good as the car is (and it does look as good as I have seen).  Maybe nearer to £50k?

OK, so the topic has been a bit off topic recently, and as the thread is coming up to three years old, does anyone want to have a stab at what the cars are worth now to see if prices are still soaring?  Here was the original post:

S1's - in good order - £25 to £40k

S2's and S3's - £10 to £16k

X180's > £10k

SE's > £12k

S4's > £16k

S4S >£19k

V8's >£19k

As an S2 owner I think these cars are probably now £15 to £18k at least.

Ref:.........."I don't think it will sell for that, as good as the car is (and it does look as good as I have seen).  Maybe nearer to £50k?"

If £ 50k or £ 65k is only a matter of time in a price raising trend..........and a minor/relative point of attention with the appearance of new potential Lotus owners with sufficient financial resources.........

Moreover it should not be ignored that on the Continent there meanwhile is a better appreciation for Lotus as in the UK........ 

Edited by rudolphwolven

2 hours ago, Nelly9000 said:

S1's - in good order - £30 000 to £50 000

S2's and S3's - £20 to £25k

X180's > £15k

SE's > £16k

S4's > £20k

S4S >£27k

V8's >£25k

based on my observations of late.

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

UK sports cars, I know he also sold a lhd Essex for big money earlier in the year apparently upwards of 60k it didn't even get to be advertised! 

Do you expect me to talk........ No Mr Bond I expect you to die!

Ref:............" a lhd Essex for big money earlier in the year apparently upwards of 60k it didn't even get to be advertised!".......

LHD at GBP 60k plus confirms the Continental level of interest; especially from Italy......... 

Edited by rudolphwolven

• Gold FFM
51 minutes ago, BP81 said:

I'm getting the same now mate but it was a stevens hi wing ex press car 60k on the clock sold for £21,780

A snip in comparison the the couple that have been for sale recently

Only here once

There has been a high wing hanging around late 20s so with a buyers premium on this one maybe some got a decent deal as retail looks around mid 20s at the mo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I was there on Sunday and saw that actual car. It was, for me, the most impressive car there and the best 205 GTi I've seen since they were in the showrooms. To be honest I quite fancied it myself at around the estimate but £31k is very punchy, I'd never have bid over £20k but fair play to the owner, it's a truly stunning example. Lots of cars weren't making their reserves, it seemed a bit quiet to me overall but some stinkers in the auction. Overall it was a clear indication that truly mint, low mileage cars are still fetching strong money but the market is getting wise to over-priced tat.