Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
USA Emira Deliveries - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

USA Emira Deliveries

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

I remember helping the detailers at the Holden dealership I worked at for a while.

The amount of plastic that came off the new cars that ended up in the bin. All non-recyclable. None of it made to break down easily.

And those cars didn't have nearly as much as is on these.

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Poignant number plate 

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Based on conversations with a few new Emira owners last weekend, it'll probably feel like it's taking another 3 years to get the parts to address the issues that still appear to be plaguing recently delivered cars.

You'd have thought that the build process would have been updated by now to avoid what must be costly fixes, but apparently not.  I'm aware of 4 cars with dead HVAC units that are being quoted as a 10-hour job to replace, and an unknown lead time for the parts.

I can only assume someone is being compensated on the number of units out of the door, with no metrics on after-sales repairs.  It's not a great customer experience, even if the parts were plentiful and the repair facilities had better booking availability.

• Sad 2

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, KennyN said:

You'd have thought that the build process would have been updated by now to avoid what must be costly fixes, but apparently not.  I'm aware of 4 cars with dead HVAC units that are being quoted as a 10-hour job to replace, and an unknown lead time for the parts.

Mine was built last July (Hendy Eastleigh Demonstrator), HVAC resistor pack died in October after collection journey back from Southampton to Norwich in heavy rain, replaced in December by Stratton Motors (confirmed 10 hours). I've heard of another one that was replaced around the same time failing again since so am avoiding heavy rain/road spray at least until I'm back from Ypres Lotus Day (which is a 3-day trip for me) in May..... 🙄

• Sad 2

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)