Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Is electric really the answer? - Page 27 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Is electric really the answer?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

With the construction phase largely to blame, wind turbines emit slightly more particulate matter (PM), a form of air pollution, at an "exception" rate higher per unit of energy generated(kWh) than a fossil gas electricity station("NGCC"),[29][30] and also emit more heavy metals and PM than nuclear stations, per unit of energy generated.

Modern wind turbine blades are made from plastic/fiberglass composite designs that provide a service lifetime of less than about 20 years.[53] As of February 2018, there was no economical technology and market for recycling these old blades, and the most common disposal procedure is to truck them to landfills.[54] Because of their hollow design, blades can take up enormous volume compared to their mass

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On 25/05/2021 at 18:57, C8RKH said:

Because of their hollow design, blades can take up enormous volume compared to their mass

Shred 'em and burn the waste for energy? 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

seemingly if we get adverse hot weather or cold its all part of global warming !!! personally i do accept (of course) average temps are increasing but i dont accept the reasoning behind the alarmists claims 😑

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

EV Charger said to add £50k to the value of a house according to:  

https://www.am-online.com/news/market-insight/2021/06/11/ev-charger-said-to-add-50k-to-the-value-of-a-house

Perhaps I should add 2 chargers to my place  - could be worth even more. Electricity - the answer to increased house prices.

Yes, but can cost more - but turning £500 into £50k - better than the lottery...

Video on hydrogen combustion: 

2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing (MT) ◄ 2017 Lotus Evora 400 (SOLD) ◄ 2013 Lotus Evora S (SOLD) ◄ 2005 Lotus Elise (SOLD) ◄ 1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 (SOLD)

On 12/06/2021 at 09:25, exeterjeep said:

EV Charger said to add £50k to the value of a house according to:  

https://www.am-online.com/news/market-insight/2021/06/11/ev-charger-said-to-add-50k-to-the-value-of-a-house

Perhaps I should add 2 chargers to my place  - could be worth even more. Electricity - the answer to increased house prices.

Yeah, says the company that wants to lease you an EV. Total bullshit. Bloody internet.....

Might add a grand or two tops, more likely just means it will help it sell that tad bit faster.

Far better to look for more balanced stories with some credible content not marketing bullshit:

https://www.automotiveworld.com/articles/electric-vehicles-the-now-the-near-future-and-the-never-again/

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Had my long delayed visit by Home Energy Scotland and the interest free electric vehicle loan was mentioned. It's an interest free loan of up to £28,000 payable up to six years for a new pure electric car. A similar loan of up to £20,000 over five years is available for a used electric car. There's the usual hoops to jump through for both loans as you'd expect. Thought it might interest somebody.

Not sure if a similar scheme is available in other parts of the UK.

Signature not working...

The government is forcing us to buy electric vehicles by banning ICE vehicles. This is all the proof you need that the tech isn’t there yet. New tech should be able to sell itself, we should WANT to buy it because it gives us something better than we already have. Hopefully in 10 years time it will have evolved enough to make us want it. What we are being offered now is inferior to what we have already at approximately double the price.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had a chat in the pub the other night, keen to see the TLF opinion...

Can I drive my EV underwater providing the seals and waterproofing is up to the job of course? Theoretically, I'm not going to try but I couldn't see (sea?!) why not! 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Bibs said:

Had a chat in the pub the other night, keen to see the TLF opinion...

Can I drive my EV underwater providing the seals and waterproofing is up to the job of course? Theoretically, I'm not going to try but I couldn't see (sea?!) why not! 

Assuming the motor isn't rated at IPX7 or IPX8, the viscosity of the water in the gap between rotor and stator would completely cripple the performance,

• Gold FFM
32 minutes ago, jep said:

Depends how strong the currents are.

Justin 

i see what you did there lol

]

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

Can I drive my EV underwater

Good place to park it for a few days if the batteries ever ignite.

• Like 1

The small print.

so with farting cows apparently the answer is to feed them garlic tablets !!! problem solved no need to be vegan etc etc so synthetic petrol being developed by porsche ?? given battery life isnt good still on ev's and the whole process of mining lithium copper etc blah blah blah isnt synthetic petrol the garlic of the car world ?