Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Window Regulator Repair - Page 2 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Window Regulator Repair

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

@cor first thing to do, before you spend any money and take any panels off etc is to try to reset the window actuators.

Do this on each window.

Hold down the button and lower the window the full way down. Keep holding the button for as long as 10-15 seconds until you hear/feel a slight click.

Then, pull the button and raise the window the full way up. Again, keep holding the button until you hear/feel a slight click.

Often, this "resets" mechanism and fixes the problem.

If not, then it's usually a new actuator and they're sdaly, usually on back order.......:(

If you search on here I think someone did trace the part to the same as a "Seat" one iirc. Cannot remember for certain though.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

many thanks, all

tried resetting, worked on one side, the other side will not work correctly...

just a bit amazed at the cost of the unit, just replaced one on a bmw for 44 euro's.....

Try it a couple of times on the other side - also, if the car has been in the "wet" (rain or washing) give it time to dry out. If it then works, I'd look at protecting the actuator with plastic to avoid future issues.  All cars leak water into their doors it normally just drains out, but....

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

Both my regulators have gone according to my lotus garage as I am absolutely clueless about anything mechanical I am saving for the work to be done in next couple of months as it’s including the rear brake work so close to £1k amount of work 😥

An email follow up earlier reminded me about this problem and that I was going to try and get my old regulator inspected. 

My apologies that I’ve done nothing about it but for various reasons, I haven’t even logged onto the forum. I haven’t even sat in my Evora since last October and, to be honest, I think I will be getting rid of it as I just don’t have the enthusiasm any longer.

I’ve had a Lotus in my life on and off since the late 60’s and permanently since the early 90’s, so it will be a bit of a wrench for me, a dyed in the wool Lotus man!

Anyhow, I’m only saying this now as I won’t be continuing with problem solving the window regulator. I still have it in the garage so if anybody wants to take this over, I’ll happily package it up and send on to them. 

Hi Spinney, 

As bibs says, take it for a drive and toy might change your mind!

However if you don't feel like diving further into the regulator refurb, I'd be happy to give it a go. 

I have fairly reasonable electronics skills and kit too..

Hopefully we can figure out a way to sort these for reasonable cost!

Edited by grog
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bibs said:

Take it for a drive mate, the spark will soon come back :D

Well you know, a few short years ago, that would have been me saying those words. I fear that I’ve just reached the point where I’m really no longer interested. Never thought I’d ever say that as cars, and Lotus in particular, have been a special love of mine for probably the last 63 years. I guess part of it is I just don’t like the way cars are going, with overly heavy electric cars and too many distraction toys in the abominable touch screen. 
I know the Evora probably represents the last of the previous analogue breed that I loved so much, nevertheless, with all the potholes and increasingly anti car legislations I just don’t feel I can enjoy it like I used to. 

I know this isn’t the right thread for this and I only brought it up because of the window regulator. So, grog, I’m away in S.America right now but I will message you when I’m back home in early March. 👍

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I hear where you're coming from @Spinney and the topics on here about cars like the Eletre just depress the hell out of me as everyone "whoop whoops" about all the things I don't want in my cars like excess weight (well, apart from my lardy arse that is), a dozen cup holders (when I'm driving my Lotus the last I want is a drink slopping about), lane assist and traffic sign assist and cruise control assist, and range assist and, and, and all the stuff that just bings and bongs all day long at you. I also just don't get why drivers these days seem to need a 52" Plasma TV screen in the dashboard etc. and assisted and automatic everything. There's so much tech in these cars you could put a cabbage in the front seat and it would just drive itself. "For the drivers" - hah. What a laugh.

Lotus is going mainstream, and needs to, to survive, or so the common wisdom demands. However, whether it survives or not remains to be seen. However, they are not making the cars that appeal to me and what I want from a car. A big, heavy, electric SUV, to me, is just a commodity car. Every manufacturer practically has one so I have a plethora of choice.

Indeed, if I wanted a big, heavy SUV then actually I hate to say it but I'd probably go down the Porsche Cayenne route as you can get those with a cracking ICE engine and a great burble out the back. Might as well have one of those whilst I still can, than an electric concrete box on wheels. Put it this way, for the £150k+ that Lotus wants for an Eltre R, fully specified, I could have a late model Cayenne Turbo and a 73 plate Emira on my drive.  Now that, I would strongly argue, makes a better, "For the drivers", case, for sure. Still too many things that go "bing" or "bong" though for my liking.

Like you, I worry where all this legislation is taking us. I feel like a big old cowboy who realises that his days along the rolling planes are coming to an end as the barbed wire fences appear everywhere, blocking access and enjoyment.

I'm not dumb enough to deny that change is needed, or ineed is coming. But I do feel as an industry the current approach to EV is wrong, and as Governments, we're just seeing one of the last bastions of "freedom" being finally eroded away. 

I am lucky enough to live in a part of Scotland where the roads and scenery are immense. Nothing makes me feel more free than just rolling out of the garage in my Lotus and driving off with no real idea of where I'm going to get to. No time limits to get there. And no traffic to worry about on the roads so if I want to press on, and have some fun, I can do.  All the legislation and regulation is doing right now, is just making me increasingly feel antisocial and selfish for doing it.

However, back to the topic. 

Mods: Can we make a "sticky" somewhere to the "Evora window actuator reset procedure" - it's an easy thing to do and may help many Evora owners in the future if it is easy to find.

Secondly, is there any way we can check, either with the Factory unofficially, or otherwise, to see if we cannot find an alternative part supply for the winders? They are a very frequent failure point but the relative cost of the part is ridiculous, and I cannot believe it was is a custom designed and made part especially for Lotus. It must be , surely, from "standard" supply route and is probably used in a mundane car. As the factory is winding down spares supply for the Evora any help in identifying alternatives would, I am sure, lead to some very good will towards Lotus from current owners.