Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Windscreen washer pump access Evora S - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Windscreen washer pump access Evora S

Go to solution Solved by 21gg,

My screenwash pump is barely pumping so I need to clean or replace it. Has anyone worked out how to access it on a post-MY12 Evora S?  I'm assuming the nearside oil cooler will block access through the arch and I don't fancy taking the bumper off...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Had to replace the screen wash level sensor on my gt430, as it did not like getting wet, caused the warning light to come on.

To access it, I was at SWLC, and helped, as it needed the under tray removed, (so I helped hold it up while all the bolts were undone). And similarly when fitting it back on.  Made it relatively easy as on a ramp.

They expected the various spacers to fall off, but luckily they had been fixed in position, otherwise they fall off and are different sizes - so causing confusion putting them in the correct places.

Looking at the parts diagram, it looks as if the pump is on the same side as the low fluid sensor. Sure some others must have done this.

Windscreen Wiper Motor, Wipers & Washers

• Like 2

• Solution

You can pull the wheel, take th wheeel arch iner off, unbolt the oil cooler frame (if you have one) and gentle move it out of the way, then you need to unbolt the tank as its on the side of the tank against the chassis. Also make sure you get the rubber grommets. Dont know how much it is from lotus but as usual its off something random, I want to say either an mg or a blck cab, but cant remember as it was years ago now.

• Like 1

Thanks both for the tips.  Everything I've read so far was for early NAs without the cooler and the pumps on the outside of the tank.  I'll have a go at moving the cooler first and report back.  I'm hoping it's just a blocked non-return valve etc as the pump works but with a very low flow rate.

You’ve probably checked but on mine I found that the rubbish screen wash was due to the pipe being pinched by the access hatch.

re routed it to avoid the catches etc and it’s now fine.

My jets don’t work very well according to my last service it squeezes out a little water just about to clear the screen , I have no mechanical ability or equipment so be letting my lotus guys to quote me but I need window regulators & rear brakes sorted first at £1k 😱

• 3 weeks later...