Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Alcantara cleaning and that New Car Smell - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Alcantara cleaning and that New Car Smell

I bought my Evora nearly 7 years ago from a dealer and even though it was about 15 months old with 6k miles, it had quite a new car smell... I asked the dealer a couple of times what they used to prepare it for sale but got nothing back...

With leather upholstery cars, I'd typically use leather cleaner and conditioner which restores a nice rich smell to the interior, but the Evora is the first alcantara interior I've had; what does everyone else use to keep the upholstery fresh, and is there anything you use to retain/restore that new car aroma...?

Edited by ewand

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

My Evora is 6 years old. Had it from new, and it still retains that new car smell. 

Alcantara everywhere but never had the need to clean the interior. Maybe that's the secret, just hoover it every now and then as required.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

sounds like a lot of work, not cleaned mine since I got the evora. Now have an Alcantara wheel in the M100.

1. Brush After Every Drive: Spend a minute after each journey to gently brush the steering wheel. This quick step is crucial for removing oils, dead skin cells, and everyday dirt.

thanks guys - A light hoover, a bit of dusting and an occasional wipe with a damp cloth sounds like all I should really worry about then.

• Like 1

At a thousand pounds (or thereof) a go it has become big business.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

My best tip for retaining a new car smell is not to use an air freshener of any kind.  My Kuga is a year old and still smells like new.

Maybe it was the torture of headaches as a child in the back of a car as a result of those horrid air fresheners that looked like a set of traffic lights ( I am sure the older amongst you will know what I am on about).  For some reason my parents loved them.

• Like 1

On the topic of air fresheners ... I've tried various "new car smell" sprays etc that will hide a musty smell (not in the Evora, I hasten to add), and the best rear-mirror-dangly airfresheners I came across were from a company called Roadscents Luxury Car Fragrance, who never seem to have anything in stock... handy if you have a smelly old car that you're trying to get the "damp old lady" smell from...

9 minutes ago, ewand said:

handy if you have a smelly old car that you're trying to get the "damp old lady" smell from...

Best to never have a damp old lady in your car then, back seats or not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1