Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Clutch Cover Bolts - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Clutch Cover Bolts

Go to solution Solved by geoft,

Hi.. The parts listing says the cover bolts are M8 x 30 Long.  These don't fit the threaded holes.  Does anyone know the correct size please?  I am thinking maybe M8x1.0 pitch or 5/16" BSF?

• Gold FFM

Definitely M8, but the pitch is finer than 1.0 - can't remember for sure, but I think 1.25 .

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Ooops, said it the wrong way.  But the number is correct for the OP's question, I believe.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Are you sure you are looking at he right part number? In the 1988-1992 parts manual the M8 clutch cover bolt is listed for the 1988 MY USA model only. You may find it's an M6 bolt as per the description for the washer.

• Gold FFM

Derek, I've done scores and I've never seen M6 bolts in Esprit clutch covers.

Rather confusingly the clutch cover spring washer (part no. A075W4032Z) is listed in the 1988-1992 and 1993 - 1996 parts manuals as M6 but in the 1996-2004 parts manual it is listed as M8. 

• Like 1

Cover bolts are M8.

@sailorbob My parts manual lists them as A075W1021Z but doesn't specify the size. An Internet search lists that number as an M5 x 20 for an Exige, amongst other things. Weird!

image.jpeg.10323888d1dc82c319cc86192331a86e.jpeg

Margate Exotics.

The A075W1021Z in the 1993-1996 parts manual might be a typo as the 1988-1992 parts manual has the part number A075W1012Z. The 1996-2004 parts manual lists the GT3 clutch cover bolt as M8 x 20 mm (part no. A075W1038Z).

• Solution

Thank you everyone for replying.  I got to the bottom of it.  They are 5/16" UNF.

• Thanks 1