Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF Film Appreciation Society - Page 14 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF Film Appreciation Society

Paul C

ok! I watched "INCEPTION".

Excellent plot, Excellent filming, Excellent Casting!

This is definitely one of the best films of 2010!

*also watched "TOY STORY 3"

Very touching story! Great story plot.

This probably will compete Best Animation/Best movie/Best story Academy

• 5 months later...

In the last week watched;

Hereafter 7/10 - Leaves you wondering if Clint is considering the end of his life and wants us to do the same!

True Grit 9/10 - Great movie, not as bloody as the Cohen brothers usual outing

Tamara Drewe 7/10 - Not bad for a Rom Com, had its funny moments and worth watching for Gemma Arterton's bum.

Despicable Me 10/10 - Bloody hilarious and put a smile on my face

Brighton Rock 6/10 - Good reminder of the 60's Mods versus Rockers or even the early 80's redo when we were all a little younger

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 8/10 - Very good but it ended halfway, its certainly the more grown up Harry Potter

Made in Dagenham 8/10 - A great period movie about the Dagenham plant and womens rights

The Kings Speech 10/10 - A great job by Mr Rush and Mr Firth

The Town 9/10 - A great Affleck movie based in Boston, raw and gritty!

Still got another 20 to get through before the 5th of January, will report back when finished.

Heaven is where the police are British, the chefs Italian, the mechanics German, the lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss. Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British, the mechanics French, the lovers Swiss and it is all organized by the Italians.

You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot

You think professional is expensive, just wait until you pay for amateur.

I just watched "The Tourist", gee I hate it when I guess the plot in the first 5 minutes.:rtfm:

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

• 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM

Liz and I just watched the movie 'Unknown' with Liam Neeson at the cinema. Just over two hours and I didn't have a clue until the movie explained it in the last 25 minutes or so. Enjoyed it. :thumbsup:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Yes, but were there any naked Angie scenes? :thumbsup:

Not according to IMDB.com there isn't. Perhaps that's why it wasn't a box-office success.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Watched 'V for Vendetta' last nigt... great film :)

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

"Sanctum" in 3D was an interesting movie, wish I caught it in IMAX 3D. James Cameron comes through with great special effects and if you've ever been spelunking it's a movie to see. If you have never done cave exploring and wonder what it's like see this movie.

"The Mechanic" As a big fan of Jason Statham, this movie is a bit slower paced than his other flicks. It's one of those movies you have to watch and judge for yourself.

Watched the film Human caterpillar last night. Very stomach churning for a die hard horror fan. Its in the Syfy channel this week. Not for the feint hearted, you have been warned !!!!! :dizzy::dizzy:

I watched Save the last Dance, The Bodyguard and Sex in the City 2 this week.

I'm going to have a sex change and maybe that will give me more of a perspective as to why they made millions.

I also saw The Other Guys which was ok.

Overall theres a right load of Tat out at present, both on TV and DVD.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• 2 weeks later...

Went to see "Battle: Los Angeles" yesterday, great special effects, a must see in the theater. If they had made this movie in 3D it would have been outstanding.

Found a pretty good site for movie reviews: www.rottentomatoes.com

One of my all time favorites is an old 1972 John Waters film "Pink Flamingos", It's meant to shock and if it doesn't your dead! "Desperate Living" is another classic if you can find them.

Edited by robert87hci

• 2 months later...

One of my all time favorites is an old 1972 John Waters film "Pink Flamingos", It's meant to shock and if it doesn't your dead! "

How much is that doggy in the window ? :devil:

(some things are best left buried in the past and this was seen with a bunch of friends on a dare. Yes I made it through but a few walked out)

I just looked that up on IMDB

A chicken actually died while filming the sex scene in the shed between Crackers and Cookie. One of the deleted scenes that was restored in 1997 actually involved cooking the dead chicken for dinner.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Just watched "Made In Dagenham" excellent movie. Very thought provoking as to how attitudes and equality have progressed, and the fight to progress them.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

• 1 month later...

Ealing comedies, especially the Alec Guinness / Peter Sellers ones...ie. Kind Hearts and Coronets, The Ladykillers, Lavender Hill Mob, then later on with the Boulting Brothers` I`m Alright Jack.

More recently I thought Paul Verhoeven`s films were all good but that Starship Troopers was excellent. On one level its an effective sci-fi thriller, on another level its seriously off-message with Hollywood, spending $100 million asking us to empathise with people exterminating dumb insects the other side of the galaxy who were doing us no harm until we started a species-war, and who turn out to be more intelligent than we thought.

A mate said to me"that was crap-they were just killing insects". Yes. That`s the whole point !

.....the ending must be the most morally equivocal ending to a blockbuster film ever, because the heroes` ideology is basically nazism involving the inhuman ideas of genetic superiority , perpetual conquest and war, but very unusually, there is no-one else on screen to win sympathy (unless you count our inhuman six-legged friends). Well I think its a classic anyway.....