Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF Film Appreciation Society - Page 7 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF Film Appreciation Society

Paul C

• Gold FFM
I'm with Owen, Sunday morning's it's like having a private screening.

Great idea this Sunday morning stuff - went to the multiscreen local Vue Cinema today with the kids and there was only one other family in the whole Cinema. :yes

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I have 4 and I have 2 of each sex and 2 of each "Attitude" Laura and Aaron don't get bored no matter what. They can both sit for hours reading a book or watching total pap on TV, they never compain about boredom and if they do get bored they normally go down the library and get another book or find something, anything, to do.

You've got a library in your house, impressive. We have got a media room ( back bedroom with 2 computers and loads of DVD's in)

Ha ha Very droll. No, despite our aspirations to the higher echeolons of society we still share the public library with the rest of the oiks! :)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

at our last house two of our four bedrooms were given over entirely to books, the third was a study

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Now THIS looks like my kind of film!

http://wwws.warnerbros.co.uk/10000bc/

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Unsure if good news or bad news. Being a fairly big Clint Eastwood fan, I read in tdays paper at the ripe old age of 77, he's going to making another Dirty Harry film. (Go ahead punk, make my zimmer frame)

Haven't seen them so can't comment but - New Rambo film, Rocky 29, even the new Raiders film with Harrison Ford due for release soon, now Dirty Harry, 37 years after the original.

Why does the film industry keep trying to resurect great films made 20 - 30 years ago? Answer must be the obvious, just plain and simple - Money. Can't help feeling it kind of 'cheapens' the original.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• 3 weeks later...

this movie scores very big in HK!!

everyone loves it.

it is extremely bloody (body parts are flying everywhere)!

well, the part about how the armies tried the civilians are very realistic..(mine game, killing field, etc)

I think it is the best Rambo movie since "First Blood"

anyone has watched it?

**NOTE: Stallone directs this one!!

Edited by esprithk

Just watched it and thought it was a good movie. It did lack in storyline and the characters were very stereotypical (I think there was one of every type) - but for true blood Rambo fans like me, it regained some of the original movie theme, if only for the theme music...

I give it 91/2 out of 10 just on evidence that it is a must-see finale.

Iain

(may not be a very good movie critic :thumbup: )

oh yes its more than possible, you see a d.u or a.p tippped 50cal round can more than ripa human limb off, they can pierce tank armour as well, in iraq the sas teams who went in first used the mechem ntw20 anti material rifle and the barret m82 "light fifty" into the armourd carriers and tanks of the iraq guard at which point they left their tanks and walked hands in the air towards them. the d.u tipped rounds are deadly and will do a serious amount of damage to a human body.

Did anyone else have the same problem as our movie theater in Medicine Hat? we went to see it the second week in January here.

half way through the film, it went out of track and the top half of the screen was at the bottom :)

It took the projectionist a couple of minutes to realise what had gone on, then he stopped the film, put the lights up in the theater, and we were all left wondering what the hell was going on!

lights went down after a couple of more minutes (and after some people had left) and they started the film where it left off, not where it had started to go wrong :D

when we came out, no staff could be found anywhere !!!

quite liked the film :)

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Has anyone here seen the movie Donnie Darko? I just finished watching it and I'm not really sure what to make of the movie. Perhaps I shouldn't have had those Sam Adams Cream Stouts but I don't know if it was one of the best movies I've seen . . . or the worst.

At least I can take comfort in knowing my Lotus goes in tomorrow for a new clutch while I'm away on business. :D

Hope everyone's having a great weekend,

Stephen

I watched a HK movie called "TheWarlords"

it is the Best HK movie of 2007.

So, I suggest everyone to watch it if it releases an international DVD version.

Great story, it's a remake of a movie from the 70's but much better!

here is the web site

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Warlords

• Gold FFM

Ah. Donnie Darko is in fact about time travel. Watch it again with this in mind - it may make more sense!

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Watch the first Jackass movie today with the girlfriend I had seen it before but she hadnt. Both a very funny film and funny watching her nearly throw up when the bloke crapped his pants, or throw up watching them throwing up. If you have seen it at all or for a while watch it. Totally base humour at its best.

• 4 weeks later...

Seen Iron Man with the kids this afternoon, wonderful piece of hokum, and possibly the best superhero-type film since the first Spiderman.

Almost as unsubtle as the special effects was Audis product placement, I mean this rivalled the last few James Bond/Ford films for in-your-face advertising.

I do wonder how the new Esprit will fare against the Audi R8 faced with this kind of financial and PR onslaught no matter how good it is, it's like a giant version of the M100 Elan/MX5 thing all over again. On the plus side the hero did own a Tesla!

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Brilliant film. I absolutely loved it's "No holes barred, but don't take it too seriously" attitude. Rivetting from start to finish.