Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Stevens Parts Cross References - Page 2 - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Stevens Parts Cross References

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
Anyone know what the radiator fans on an early stevens is from??? May need some for my 88 turbo...

Mark

orange bladed fans are IIRC, mk2 fiesta. read it on some forum somewhere.

i fancy a spare pair meself

Since my new 95 S4S had a bad headlight motor (which I believe was caused by the DPO allowing the drain holes in the headlight pod recess to become clogged with leaves and fill with water..which resulted in increased resistance to the motor to move the light, thus burning it out! :wallbash: ), I trolled my two local self serve wrecking yards and can now confirm the unit used by Lotus comes from a 88-91 Pontiac Sunbird.

For the Sunbird part they are a straight bolt in plug and play. The exterior housings are the same, you would only remove the small support bracket from the original Lotus installed one and swap it on to the Sunbird motor. I advise double checking operation of anything you get, as the one I wanted to use was not functioning, but I ended up using the opposite sides internals and swapped them into my original housing.

The Pontiac Firebird motors I saw appeared to have noticeably different housings. Some were plastic. Didn't see any Vettes so I can't comment on those motors.

Now the Pontiac Fiero motors I saw had identical motor winding assemblies, and the brushes with connector pigtail could be swapped into our motors (verified as I did this)...but the housings had wider mounting points that would probably need to be cut with a hack saw. I guess they could be made to work if in a pinch.

Just FYI .

Good find Paul. I may be needing one of these soon! What about window motors?

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

Another parts x-reference for y'all... It's not a perfect fit, but it's so close it shouldn't make a difference -- the steering rack boots from a 1990 chrysler laser (mitsubishi eclipse) fit my 1988 Esprit. The steering rack in the Chrysler should be the same up to 1992 with the possibility of up to 1994.

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The S4 and V8 plastic header tanks are from a Peugeot 205 Cti/Gti from 1987-1990 (1.6 or 1.9L). The header tank cap also is of course from the same car. The low coolant level sensor within the reservoir is also from that car.

The window switch in s4 through the V8's is a GM part: part #90 282 849 BR

Haven't been able to find what application, but it looks almost identical to a Vauxhall Cavalier window switch...but on that application it looks like the wiring plug is different....but I guess could be used .

You don't happen to know what bmw it's from or what it's called or it's part number do you?

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

You don't happen to know what bmw it's from or what it's called or it's part number do you?

no,I don't know about the exact part no. of BMW.

but my mechanic brought the part to them and they have one with the exact height and size

Edited by esprithk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Power Window Motors for S4 and likely later on through the V8's:

Opel Caravan A (66, 67) /2.6 liter engine

I believe years (09.1990-03.1994) for the engine

and may be in all 1986 - 1994 Model Years

Opel/GM part number 90376827

http://images.motoso.de/2015/l_img3928fbq.jpg

I don't believe the B models are the same.

Was this car marketed under the Vauxhall name too? Or is it an Opel only car?

Edited by Paul93Lotus

The S4 and later interior lamp/map lights (between the visors) is from a Vauxhall Cavalier CDX, some Vectras and Calibras, and Carlton Mk3.

The mirror switch is from a Vauxhall Vectra, approximately 1995-1999, this is the same one with the LED in it. In a pinch, a Saab (I believe 900) also has the same style switch sans the LED, (and likely a different plug possibly), but externally it is otherwise identical.

Edited by Paul93Lotus

• 1 month later...

I tried the front bonnet gas strut from a 1992 Honda civic h/a as desribed in the reference and it was about 1/2" too long.It does not fit,anyone have another suggetion?

Car Lover,,at least thats how the report read.

Front Wheel Bearings:

A089C8005F (Outer bearing) SKF bearing LM 11949/910/Q (Cup is LM11910/Q and Cone is LM11949/Q)

A089C8004F (Inner bearing) SKF bearing LM 67048/010/Q (Cup is LM67010/Q and Cone is LM67048/Q)

The seal has an outer diameter of 62mm, the inner diameter is 48 mm and the thickness is 7 mm. I used one with an additional dustlip. I fitted the bearings in my 1990 SE and the price was around 80 Euro for a whole set (2 Front wheels) including the 2 seals.

Freek

Edited by fjmuurling

Esprit Freak

• 1 month later...

While searching for a clutch master cylinder replacement for my 95 S4s, I stumbled across this from the Turboesprit Yahoo forum:

Wilwood part # 260-6579 (.70 bore diameter)

Summit Racing currently sells these for $50 US....and can be found at other sites for $45.

Quote:

Hi Guy's,

Just wanted to let anyone out there that is faced with having to

replace/rebuild their clutch master cylinder that I have found a direct

drop in replacement for any model Esprit that utilizes a clutch master

bore of .700".

Wilwood part # 260-6579 sells for about $45. The only difference is

the length of the clevice rod which takes about 30 sec to swop over

from your old master cylinder.

Mike R.

94S4 NY/NJ LEO

Edited by Paul93Lotus

• 1 month later...

Hello Gents (and Ladies),

Does anyone have a parts cross reference for the SE-S4 lower ball joints? IIRC, someone said it was a GM/Vauxhaul product.

Thanks,

Jim

1995 S4s

• 2 months later...

If you need to replace the cam cover gaskets, a Fel-pro #35261 replaces the stock Lotus gasket.

The original gasket is 2.25 inches across.

It cross references to a Buick/Olds/Pontiac 82-94 gasket.

-Chandra

91SE

• 6 months later...

hello everyone. well the alternator unit i put on my s4 was a bosch 887 90a the unit as fitted with no cutting (although if you wanted some better clearance you could as it is very close to the alloy water pipe) the only thing that needed changing was the bolt through through the belt tensioner (although i did this as a could not be arsed messing about putting in the origional one. the pully wheel does need changing the guys who supplied it changed it whilst i was there for no extra cost. price was

It's Oogies turn to boogie

• 3 months later...