IGNORED

What broadband ?

Jonathan

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is your moby contract with Jon?

Orange, thats a bloody rip off as well for how much I use it hehe but you have to have one nowadays.

Looking at that site now Alex...

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

I am currently with sky as I had their full tv package anyway so for a tenner i got their fastest broadband and no real complaints todate.

The router needs to be turned off ocasionally to re sync but thats about it.

If you want a high usage ISP look at ACE I was with them before sky and for

Edited by Splashout

• Gold FFM

As an ntl (spit spit) customer, I 'inherited' Virgin Media. Now, much as I hate lining Beardy's pockets with cash (don't get me started on that one), the service is incredibly reliable and delivers exactly what it promises. Every six months or so, we call Virgin and tell them to give us a reason to stay, Sky much cheaper, blah blah, and without fail they give us service improvements or discounts. At the moment I'm getting 20Mb from them at

Edited by sparky

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

As an ntl (spit spit) customer, I 'inherited' Virgin Media. Now, much as I hate lining Beardy's pockets with cash (don't get me started on that one), the service is incredibly reliable and delivers exactly what it promises. Every six months or so, we call Virgin and tell them to give us a reason to stay, Sky much cheaper, blah blah, and without fail they give us service improvements or discounts. At the moment I'm getting 20Mb from them at

I ditched Tiscali a year ago they could not provide the 8 mb pomised, after many charged support calls, thay said BT were capping them at the exchange and it was out of their hands, BT denied it of course, so I went back to BT because at least they could provide a bettr speed

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Orange, thats a bloody rip off as well for how much I use it hehe but you have to have one nowadays.

Looking at that site now Alex...

Do not under any circumstances go with Orange Broadband, we got it as part of a mobile package, and it's crap. Poor speed, drop outs and rubbish super expensive support, that thinks a Mac is someone from Scotland. :devil: I rekon we are going to switch to Sky.

I'm with Sky after swopping from Tiscalli. Its ok nothing really to complain about but i am only getting around 3 mb out of the 8mb package i was sold. Better than Tiscalli though, theirs used to crash quite often and their customer service is a disgrace i'm still trying to get some money back off them which they kept taking months after it was cancelled.

I am with BT. Connection speed is 8Mb/s.

Not the cheapest, not the fastest but reliable; I cannot remember the last time I had a connection problem.

Support is rather poor though. (Well it was about 2 years ago, which was the last time I called them).

I'm with BT - cut out the middle man! As others have said - not the cheapest but very reliable. Recently there was a problem with a software update to the home hub that meant that the hub kept resetting itself - I emailed someone in BT and had people phoning me from their development dept to sort out what was going on.

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

I have Waitrose broadband, which I understand has now been taken over by BT - tho I've noticed no difference in billing etc. Its

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Well Virgin media have just upped themselves to 10mb....woooooooow :cheers:

Can't think of many places that canserve you at that speed so whats the real point....plus if they throttle you back once you D/L 1gig whats the bloody point !

Think I might go with sky or BT and so on after all becasue of the added bonuses (telephone/tv).

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

• Gold FFM
Think I might go with sky or BT and so on after all becasue of the added bonuses (telephone/tv).

We are with virgin - also TV/phone in one bundle.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Maybe you guys can help me, I travel over there about once a year (visit Mum, she's 88) always bring my laptop, I have a pocket broadband modem, bought it specially, never used it, I always end up using dial up (what a pain) because of contracts.

She lives in Cardiff by the way, but does any one offer short term contracts on Broadband?

Roger :cheers:

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

i only install bt broadband on all my lients home and business ytem, the main reason is the you only deal with one company.

the issues client have had playing ip ping pong over the year i ridiculous, one client spent almot 7-8 hours on the phone trying to get issue sorted with aol and bt, his connection would die on him or get really low, or other issues he rang aol, they said not our fault ring bt, rang bt, did line check and adsl check all i fine ring aol, this went on for hours, turned out it was aol after all and they didnt give a damn. changed him to bt and when hes had a problem he either calls sme or does a live chat with a technician at bt and its sorted, no more issues.

Maybe you guys can help me, I travel over there about once a year (visit Mum, she's 88) always bring my laptop, I have a pocket broadband modem, bought it specially, never used it, I always end up using dial up (what a pain) because of contracts.

She lives in Cardiff by the way, but does any one offer short term contracts on Broadband?

Roger :cheers:

The shortest is 6 months with Virgin but I am sure you can push them smaller if you explain the situation.