Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Random Pictures & Videos - Page 40 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Random Pictures & Videos

Bibs

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm certain I told that new window cleaner not to count to ten before pulling the D ring.sick.gif

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

• Gold FFM

what the frig happened there man?

They are called Sinkholes. Very rare thank goodness. They form naturally, usially by water erosion until the ground just gives way beneath your feet. Sometimes very big and hundreds of feet deep. Think that one was in South America.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I agree that it looks like S. America. It is typical Brazilian architecture for sure!! Looks similar concept but on a much grander scale to what happened earlier this year when a new tunnel for the underground in Sao Paulo collapsed and a section of busy street vanished. Doh! I've traced the name on the the photographs to a Geologist but couldn't find the news link.

Edited by Al.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• Gold FFM

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

haha.....go check out "PROJECT MILO" (by IGN) on Youtube.

it's a funny remake version of PROJECT NATAL"

anyway,....find this photo on internet.

from 1979 Annual car catalogue...(accessories advertisement)

premium accessories package!!

DSCN5889.jpg

DSCN5893.jpg

DSCN5927.jpg

Edited by esprithk

• Gold FFM

Another visiting fox tonight - 5 humans didn't seem to bother it too much! Beautiful creature.

DSC_6148.jpg

DSC_6152.jpg

DSC_6156.jpg

DSC_6159.jpg

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Photogenic ? flash doesn't seem to bother him, or maybe food conquers all. Nice shots.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

• Gold FFM

microbiology-problem [rabies]!? ...or just the growing human population that stretches into the wilderness regions. In your interest, I hope it is not the first !

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

• Gold FFM

I think their bravado is inversely proportional to availability of scraps - we're all getting too efficient at storing/recycling our food waste!

You're quite right Ian, the UK is considered as 'rabies free' the only cases on rabies in this country since 1902 have been due to someone being infected outside of the country then returning. It's a safe bet that no animal in the UK (wild or domestic) carries rabies.

That's a very cute & healthy looking fox, I can't help but think of them as a pest though.

Looks like a young one, as Laura says, the coat looks in good nick and he isnt skinny, maybe he has figured out how to beg in the neighbour hood and so folk are leaving dog food out for him as well as feeding tid-bits. wild creatures do get smart on where the best food locations are.

NIce photos

You're quite right Ian, the UK is considered as 'rabies free' the only cases on rabies in this country since 1902 have been due to someone being infected outside of the country then returning. It's a safe bet that no animal in the UK (wild or domestic) carries rabies.

That's a very cute & healthy looking fox, I can't help but think of them as a pest though.

That was true, we had no 'native' rabies, until 2002 when a bat enthusiast in Scotland died of rabies contracted from a bat bite. Not really sure why, since bat enthusiasts should be well aware of the risks of dealing with bats and the high level of rabies they carry. A lot of the general public don't realise how high the prevalence of rabies (OK, they call it 'lyssavirus', but if it infects you, it's identical to rabies, 100% mortality, and the treatment is the same) is in bats, and that handling them is something to avoid at all costs. Even without a bite, handling a bat is enough to warrant a rabies post-exposure vaccine in my opinion (even abrasions not visible to the naked eye can be enough for it to infect you). Although we are officially rabies free, they don't really bother counting the bat sources of infection for some preason. Pretty much ineradicable from this source.

I don't think Foxes in this country are considered infected, but they're a major wildlife vector in central europe. Mass wildlife vaccination programs have been underway in Germany and surrounding areas for a while (mostly eastways), with an oral recombinant vaccine (v.cool piece of tech!) dropped in bait traps from helicopters, with a huge amount of success in actually reducing the resulting numbers of human cases.

Nice pic also!

Edited by aodonnell

There have only been four cases of European Bat Lyssavirus in Europe since '77 so I guess people don't take it seriously enough? It's a different strain so it's not classes as rabies hence the UK is rabies free & thankfully not known to be carried by wild foxes in the UK.

Anyway, back to the topic in hand...

beautiful_china.jpg

Wow! That's a very interracing picture, Laura. getmecoat.gif

Incidentally, Austin has the largest urban bat colony in North America with an estimated 1,500,000 bats, and during certain times of the year visitors (and locals!) form SRO conglomerations to view their evening feeding frenzy departure from underneath one of the city's more prominent bridges. And while they can and do sometimes contract rabies, I have never heard of any human fatalities (in the past 26 years at least) as a result. Nonetheless, there are signs posted in the area of the bridge warning of handling any fallen bats. Each night the little beggars eat as much as 30,000 pounds of insects, so the "risk/reward" factor is a pretty good deal to my mind.

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.