Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 123 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Well on arrival home yesterday I find Wendy's car as failed the MOT, the tug we purchased for towing the trailer with LotusRescue cars has a completely dead battery and the long awaited S1 from the states has arrived at the docks and due for collection. So. Half a shift at home to catch up on some well needed kip and get started. All things normal.

Man it's good to be back.

And it's bloody snowing.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, johnpwalsh said:

And it's bloody snowing.

Brilliant sunshine and clear skies down south......another reason to make Scotland independent and get out !!

28 minutes ago, cbclotus said:

Hi john ....Look after yourself ...Now get some rest ....Mike

Don't listen to him @johnpwalsh - get back grafting !!

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Barrykearley said:

Brilliant sunshine and clear skies down south......another reason to make Scotland independent and get out !!

Don't listen to him @johnpwalsh - get back grafting !!

Gee's guys, gimme a break. Just home, jump leads on the Tug, i.e Discovery and started. Wendy's car checked out at the local garage, flee put in ear and car will be back tomorrow. Trailer hired and route set for collecting the S1 from the importers in a couple of days time. Search done for replacement S3 for myself, hehe. Found two possible local S4's for LotusRescue, And some bills paid. Not bad for just being home.

• Like 1

I was in 2 minds as to put this here or in what made you unhappy but here is the right place I think.

Waved goodbye to my  ( and Bibs first) esprit today as it starts its journey to Ireland.  Have enjoyed the work on it perhaps more than using it as only done 2700 mile in 3-4 years on the road.   Probably going to get a mk3   mx5 as  a cheap runabout for a year or two and then an  Evora, Elise or Europa.  I have pointed the new owner Les in this direction so hopefully he will join the forum.

DSC_1081.JPG

Cheers Andy.   I shall still pop along to the pub meets and events even though for the first time in 18 years I am lotusless.  

Postman came by and delivered some new stancion seals for my mountainbike, so I can reassemble it and finally get back out, riding in the forest ;)

Kind regards,

Jacques.

• Like 1

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

No doubt I have mentioned this before, but I bought a 1976 Honda 400 Four off of an old school mate a few years back for a steal. Only 10k miles on the clock and completely original. I love the bike, I was envious of my brother having one when I was 16 and finally I got one, much to his annoyance (he no longer rides). What a pocket rocket! Revs like a nutter and no doubt this is why four pot Esprits don't really appeal as I already have bikes whose necks I can wring!

Anyhow, my mate threw in another almost complete '76 "given to me for spares" which came in crates and boxes and I decided to do a nut and bolt rebuild on it for my oldest boy as a 25th birthday present. Pretty timely as although he is a car nut (yes - we've had conversations about his Corrado VR6 on here before), he has just passed his Part 2 bike test and bought himself a Suzuki GSXR 600 which he can't get enough of. I've been working on the 400 for about 6 months now and my target is to get it finished and re-registered for the Calne Bike Meet at the end of July - the biggest event like this in Europe. Imagine two Honda 400 Fours, one red and original and one blue and like a new bike turning up together. Pretty cool!

So what made me more than happy today was finishing off the original side panels. I had them vapour blasted and then spent hours with filler, wet and dry in decreasing grades, high build filler, more wet and dry. I then sprayed them a few weeks ago with OEM Honda Varnish Blue out of a rattle can (he wants his blue rather than mine which is red - but the underside of his tank tells me it was blue in the first place). Tonight I decided that the paint was hard enough and got to work with the T-Cut. Then measured up my untouched side panels for the stickers.

redsidepanels.jpg.bab57ba8d9c1f643148facdb84d29244.jpg

Put them on his then went mental with the Meguires polish and wax, thanks @Alex Carter, they really are fabulous products.

DSC_0505.thumb.JPG.cffca743933b031bffa369d5cc9baab4.JPG

Finally it was great to get them on the bike and finally give it some colour. It is going to look soooooooooooooooooooo good!

DSC_0507.thumb.JPG.2438d4583a7e75bed28abd50d28f2629.JPG

DSC_0508.thumb.JPG.d9b2e296b69b2c4ee7a8166554c3d0f8.JPG

• Like 1

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

Well the empty space in the garage didnt last long after the esprit went.  It had to be some thing my wife could reach the pedals in and turn the steering wheel ( no pas in the X180).  We looked at some MX5s (managed to push my finger through the sill of one)  and then found a dealer with an MR2 as well to compare both.  The MR2 got the thumbs up from both of us.   So started a search  and this one turned up in Staines.  64k miles 13 years old, VVTI engine, 6 speed  box. and in great condition.  Ok its not an Elise in terms of performance but at 1/4 of the price of one I think its a cracking deal that will do us a couple of years whilst I save up for maybe an evora.    

One interesting comment I read was " I was looking to buy a MR2 but decided to buy the more practical car, a Lotus Elise".   He was correct, the luggage space is truly abysmal.  

DSC_1094.JPG

• Gold FFM

To follow once we get home from collecting the American S1 in deepest Englandshire. Heading South this morning.

• Like 1

Nice one John ....Only joking  .John but you can't jump the queue.when you have a waiting list of customers ...Good luck looking foreward to seeing your new car .Pieased for you Mike

• Gold FFM

The S1 from the states is White. Arrived UK last Thursday, I am due to collect her tomorrow morning then head North. The other is Ice Blue with Light blue interior.

• Like 1

Ice blue is a stunning colour for an Esprit. Nice one John and look forward to seeing it and you over the summer.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

• Gold FFM

This one may not be seen for some time. New fuel tanks required, on order and being made in stainless steel. rear bulkhead may have to be replaced, interior needs a tidy, and has some flaking lacquer issues. Might just get her up and running then do the paint over the next winter, just got to see how it goes.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Strange hissing sound from kitchen units turns out to be a water pipe leak.  I'm happy because I've diagnosed that it's after the stopcock.  I'd rather endure the hassle of ripping up the kitchen floor than front the cost (and suffer the aggro) of supply pipe replacement.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.