Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 28 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

Win the lottery, Dave? Or better prospects in store?

There has to be more to this story.yes.gif

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

No, no lottery win i'm afraid. I had an offer a few months ago to work with/for an old friend doing fuel drain outs. I hadn't given it too much thought until he phoned me up a week ago asking if i was still interested. With the impending AA strike and all the very bad feeling in the AA i decided to give it a go. I'm going to be self employed doing fuel drains for him while at the same time doing a bit of car maintenance and repairs to build up a business of my own. Very scary atm but i'm confidant it will work out for the best, just so glad to be shot of the AA.

Best of luck in the new endeavour, Dave. Sounds like you were definitely ready for a career change.thumbup.gif

Cheers,

John

• Gold FFM

With the impending AA strike and all the very bad feeling in the AA i decided to give it a go.

Well there you go. I didn't know that Alcoholics Anonymous would go on strike. Aren't they all volunteers? :)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

What fuel are you draining and where from? Back in the dim dark distant halcyon days when we had a hangar at Biggin Hill, aircraft coming in for maintenance often had to have the tanks drained...couldn't put the fuel back in an aeroplane, so we were running on 100LL for quite a while...for free!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Mexican Lion !

Aparently a Garage Owner in New Mexico was sick and tired of thugs breaking into his garage and stealing his tools that he put the word out that he had a new Mexican Lion that would attack anyone who climbed his fence or broke into his property. Would-be thieves saw the "Lion" from a distance and fled the scene.......

lion1.jpg

lion2.jpg

The dog's probably trying to figure out why his head is so warm and hit butt is so cold!

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

What fuel are you draining and where from? Back in the dim dark distant halcyon days when we had a hangar at Biggin Hill, aircraft coming in for maintenance often had to have the tanks drained...couldn't put the fuel back in an aeroplane, so we were running on 100LL for quite a while...for free!!

I'll be mostly draining petrol out of the tanks of diesel cars when their owners put the wrong stuff in. When cars are being shipped abroad they have to have their tanks drained to less than a quarter full so i will also be draining that out and using it for myself :). I have just got myself a business bank account, email and my wife is sorting out stationary so it's moving along quite swiftly now.

Apart from closing a deal for 25 cars today I had my measurements done from when I started at the gym. 2 inches lost round my waist, arms have grown by nearly an inch and I now weigh less than 17 stone from 17stone 5 lbs!!

Happy happy Joy joy!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

arms have grown by nearly an inch

'Stretched Arms Syndrome' - Careful with that one Kimbers, you'll be dragging your knuckles on the ground in no time. :)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Finally I got permission to build a garage from kommune today!

It took over 7 weeks for the approval, so it will be bussy next month...

Edited by esp88

Played for the first wedding of the year this afternoon. Church full of people, bridesmaids and bride looked fantastic, people actually sang the words to the hymns and as far as I know I didn't hit one bum note!

And the weather stayed dry bright and warm for their big day.

Another wedding to play at next Saturday..more practice for me then!thumbsup.gif

Though this be madness yet there is method in it ( Polonius in William Shakespeare's Hamlet)

DSC00045.jpg

A winters day at the beach. Still warm enough to swim, which I'm doing 4-5 times a week, wait till after my next op. :)

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

I have procured a Nintendo Wii and had a thoroughly enjoyable morning jumping around my living room playing Wii Sports, it's very addictive! Another reason to spend more money that's meant to be put towards another Esprit!! I guess the upside is at least my arse will fit in the seat better :getmecoat: that's the theory anyway

No reason, I'm just happy!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

This is what made lots of us happy last weekend!gathering.gif

Though this be madness yet there is method in it ( Polonius in William Shakespeare's Hamlet)

Come in Rangoon. Come in Rangoon. You're breaking up, and unreadable. Suggest you try another frequency. Can only make out laughing smileys. Over and out.detective.gif

I'll be mostly draining petrol out of the tanks of diesel cars when their owners put the wrong stuff in. When cars are being shipped abroad they have to have their tanks drained to less than a quarter full so i will also be draining that out and using it for myself :lol:. I have just got myself a business bank account, email and my wife is sorting out stationary so it's moving along quite swiftly now.

So when muppets like me do this what happens to the fuel which is obviously contaminated?

I did this last month and filled my diesel Audi with 75ltr of Premium Unleaded instead of Premium Diesel. Over and above the cost of the 2 tanks of fuel it cost £550 to have the fuel removed and the engine checked by my Audi dealer. An expensive mistake!

A lot of it ends up in those space heaters (the red bomb-like things) used in garages over the winter period... so, not only do they charge you extortionate amount for removing it, they get free heating into the bargain.

I would not wish to cast aspersions on the veracity of the dealership as I presume that they also installed gold lined, petrol rejecting fuel lines and an imobiliser chip which triggered as soon as a pump delvering petrol was detected in the close vicinity of your Audi's rear quarter...... or are they just opportunistic rip-off merchants?

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

Bit of an uneven tan, but nice all the same.

Edited by bingoking