Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 62 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

Made a difference last night on my late shift. Can't say anymore but it made me happy.....though I was 2 hours late off which screwed me up for my day job!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

Finding out that it was my new starter that was dicky and giving the same impression s too far advanced timing, 10 mins to fit back my old starter and spins like a top, mmmm, why did I bother with the upgrade.

Guest surferphil

Made a difference last night on my late shift. Can't say anymore but it made me happy.....though I was 2 hours late off which screwed me up for my day job!

Are you Batman?  :ninja:

After uncertainty about an Exige V6 after brief road tests, I managed an extended drive on familiar decent roads, alone. Compared with my (300+ bhp) NA Evora it was rough, noisy, cramped, bumpy, a pig to steer at 1 mph in a town traffic jam but wonderful, marvellous, inspiring .......... etc. Discovered broad grin on my face, frequently. No uncertainty now. 

• Like 1

Are you Batman?  :ninja:

:police:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Oooh...I seem to have drifted past 4,000 posts! Not many compared with some, though....

• Like 1

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

• Gold FFM

Can I start a reverse trend, what made you unhappy today.

Just confirmed my flight tickets are through and I have to go back to work tomorrow in lovely Kazakhstan. And just when the S3 is almost complete, all I have left to do is fit one more new gear linkage bush, complete the adjustment and fit the floor back into  into the boot. Bummer now to wait another 5 weeks.

John.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope he wasn't loosening the brake lines.

It made me happy today to overhear a young boy excitedly say to his dad, "Wow!  Is that a Lotus Elise?"  Looks like Lotus is still getting fans.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Managed to get hold of a spare dry sump pump for the Esprit. 

Don't need one now but it's now there in case I ever do.

Been looking for one for years so well chuffed.  

• Like 1

After 2 hectic months I can slow down a little and take some trips to see my suppliers. MAd panic over for a couple of weeks, start again soon! DOH!

Collected my esprit from lotusbits yesterday and drove it back to Kent via Stoke. Driving it for the first time after spending 4 years rebuilding it. It was up at LBs for mot, carb tune, wheel alignment and a few odds and sods. Apart from a few squeeks it all went fine and the road works at Birmingham gave the cooling system a thorough workout. Just need another 200-300 miles on A and B roads before doing and oil change. So I am one happy bunny.

Edited by mdw

Quite impressed with how little noise in the cabin. Ride is firm but not hard and we got out after 3.5 hr with one stop and were ok. Only complaint from the boss ( and me if I am honest) was the exhaust which is a bit boomy on the motorway ( Oh dear might have to get a new stainless manifold and slightly quieter system). Starts first turn, oil and coolant all still in the engine and it sat in traffic for ages. Not sure what I expected and it should be good after all the money that's gone into it but I am happy. Still running the engine in so its a bit tight and have only done motorway and a few A roads so far. Steering not as heavy as I expected it would be even with a LBs supplied spare in the front. A lot less squeaks and rattles than I thought there would be. Gearbox not as nice as the excel one but with 6 foot of cable in the middle it never was going to be. It sits much better now they have set the suspension up. Few little jobs to do over the winter but I am pleased so far.

My face now aches after grinning like this for 3.5 hours!!!

post-1261-0-75814900-1381337382.jpg

Edited by mdw
  • Like 2

Got nailed in the Evora by a New York State Trooper (the guys with scary hats and funny pants) for doing 77mph on the 55mph Taconic State Parkway. Since I previously had a perfect driving record, I didn't even need to say a word at the pre-trial hearing--the Assistant District Attorney said, "I'm gonna make this a traffic ticket...non-moving violation and no license points. $50. How's that?" I told him he was my new best friend.

Moral of the story: Always travel with the radar detector International Poolboy hooked you up with.

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

• Gold FFM

My face now aches after grinning like this for 3.5 hours!!!

:thumbsup:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Took my last drive of the year with Esprit today; 6-10 degrees C outside, cloudless sky, autumn, dry roads. Match made in heaven for a spirited run. Perfect end to a great driving season all while feeling like an absolute king sitting at the wheel of an Esprit. Car's now safely stored in a warm garage, sitting on axle stands, wheels off. Now a bit of a vacation for the both of us and a bit of winter tinkering await....

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

• Gold FFM

Sounds soo good and here's me praying to get my S3 completed and out on the road for the first time this year after loads of frustration, cock ups, angry telephone calls to engine suppliers, broken finger nails and sh+t loads of other stuff. Now ewverything replaced, renewed cleaned, adjusted, calculated and prayers said whiich ended in something like.

Please just let me have ONE run out this year without a blown engine, top end, bottom end, clutch, spiggot bearing, release bearing, gear linkage cable, gear change rod bushes, engine mountings failing, blown exhaust gaskets.stuffed battery. Is there anything else.