Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 224 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

@exeterjeep When I viewed the place a couple of weeks ago, I got a really good feeling about it, hence why it went on my (very) shortlist of just 3 establishments that I deemed suitable to meet Jennifer's needs.

Although it's of fairly modern purpose-built construction (the other 2 were old converted buildings with loads of 'character' features and felt more like hotels than care homes), it's not like any of the other generic 'out of the same mould' buildings that I've viewed. It too has a lot of character to it, with lovely large well-appointed rooms arranged in groups around a central hallway rather than a long corridor of prison cells, several acres of well-planted landscaped gardens which Jennifer will absolutely love, there's an over-generous staff allocation on each shift with 2 of the nursing staff having stroke recovery experience, a fabulous menu that wouldn't be out of place in a posh restaurant, and all the staff and residents appear to be enjoying each other's company.

It get's a 9.9/10 review rating from the relatives of current residents and the Care Inspectorate reports for the last few years all rate it as either 'Very Good' or 'Excellent' in the various categories assessed, so fingers crossed it fits the bill. I'm keeping my options open on the other 2 places just in case though.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

David,

Happy to hear about your possible nursing home solution.  You really need to have more things go right way instead of the opposite direction.  Glad you are still pushing forward.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had been wondering how things were progressing at the new home, sounds really good and better than I had thought. Hope her recovery continues, Jennifer must feel happier to be ale to get about a bit more.

• Like 1

On 27/11/2022 at 21:59, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

I played Cluedo with the family this afternoon. On his second turn, my eldest son was the first to enter a room. He then had the first guess at the suspect, weapon and room. Incredibly he was correct on all three counts!

What are the chances of that? Not only did he guess everything right first time, but he also just happened to have started close enough to the correct room and entered it within the minimum two turns required to get there. It must have been the fastest game of Cluedo ever played. 😃

Who was it?

Sparky with his Torque Wrench in the Garage? 

☃️ New for Xmas 2022. TLC Cluedo. Discounts available from Bibs for Gold Members ☃️

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

my trusty air to air source heater had gone wrong (lost signal between inside and outside unit) i was a trained sparky but in industry / oil n gas and havent dabbled much with pcb's etc but thought it was a start run capacitor as it appeared out of range, swapped that and nowt, swapped the board for a spare i had (id mended what i thought had blown being a thyristor) and boom away it went !!! upon closer inspection the latest board seems to of suffered the same fate and in blowing the same thyristor a jumper link had been blown nearby !!! chuffed to bits and so money super market !!! total actual fix was pennies !!! 😁

• Like 2

Is that chocolate rated above 15C and have a lifetime warranty?  So if it melts, I can exchange it for another?

• Like 1

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

3 hours ago, windymiller said:

Raymond Blanc's hotel in the cookery school

Not far from where I live, and although I've never dined there, I've been several times (for work purposes). I have to say it's a magnificent place. There are some right posh motors on the drive so you'll be fine in the Evora :) 

• Like 1

It's getting there......