Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 108 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

Nope. It suits my chaotic nature and besides, it drives people with OCD nuts!   hahaha...

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Great to hear the frog is back croaking well and all good to go John. I might make it tomorrow, but then I might not. I hope so. Wifey is away for the weekend so no excuses there, just got a lot of work on right now.

If I do go, I might bring out Sylvia and sneak on to the back of the group run. There could then be 2 VX220's on the run I think. I know they're Vauxhall Badged and engined but to all intents and purposes it's a close Elise cousin. To be honest, the price difference between a 2001 VX220 and a S2 Elise at 2001 is quite significant though I for one am not complaining. I got a bloody bargain for the performance and drive on offer. It just feels perfect in that cabin with the roof off and windows up. I'm sure the M100 feels better though...

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Very nice sir! I think that you see even less VX220s on the road than you do any Lotus in my experience, although there was one at Swindon station this summer, had a nice chat with the owner who was gutted that I wasn't in my Esprit!

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

I guess I just need an Esprit NA of some sort and then my collection will be complete of 2 seaters!  Better not mention that the wife right now as even by growing a humongous pair I'd still not survive that purchase, just now... ;)

The small print.

• Gold FFM

I am real lucky in that respect, if I have the money and the house is kept good, then I get too play. Mind you I do keep Wendy happy in that I sometimes put them in her name. Currently she is proud owner of her Little Bluey and a motor home. The motor home, well that's another story which I might tell you for a laugh sometime.

As for an S3, cant wait to get another, but would need an LHD but I sure as hell miss the Yellow Peril and will never get another like her.

• Like 2

Not my first choice of colour I have to admit, but then beggars cannot be choosers and when I'm driving the arse of the thing - which is the reason why i bought it - I don't really notice the colour.  I bought on provenance, history, condition and finally price. Colour was not a main condition at all and if she vecomes a keeper, well, I can always do a colour change.  After a weekend of hard driving, I was reminded though how well a good metallic silver hides the dirt and stuff though.

The car seems to be as much, if not more I have to say, a hit with kids than the Evora. Loads of comments yesterday from kids I came across - must be a combination of the Larini exhaust noise and the roof off.

The one thing it has done is to make me think long and hard about the Evora Roadster.  I think if I ever was to get a newer Evora now it would have to be a roadster. An S, or a 400, is just not special enough over what is currently my ideal and much loved Evora S1 to justify the considerable extra expenditure. However, a 400 or 410 Roadster would be very special indeed. My eyes are now also firmly opened to the prospect of an Elise 250/260Cup, an Exige V6 Roadster, or a 350/360 Cup. Basically, as long as the roof comes off....  lol.

The small print.

Lights?   Ooooh please, tell me more!  Thought they were bog standard.... hahaha

The small print.

• Gold FFM

Surreal!  Without realising, we've visited several location sites today.

• Like 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

So time again to pay for the privilege of having fun on this forum, being able to slag Bibs off, having friendly banter with other like minded people and getting bucket loads of help and advice on projects and problems as well as sometimes being able to help out other's.

Wouldn't miss it for anything, surely  the best valued £20 I spend any year so more than happy with it. And still only £20. Bargain.

Cheers Bibs for keeping a great forum going. Cant afford to go Gold though.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, Bibs said:

I appreciate your continued support mate :)

no probs Bib's. Well, well worth it for me. Pity more don't see it that way. Hint Hint, Nudge Nudge.

• Gold FFM

Not just happy today. I am exuberant. After a bit of to-ing and fro-ing. Our wonderful DVLA have confirmed the the V5C for my motor home has at last gone through.Last week I managed to speak with someone who had common sense, they agreed that I could send the details again electronically as they had lost  the required photographs of the completed conversion, which I immediately did. Quick phone call today and after going through 3,000 option's I got a guy who simply said, and I quote. Sorry for the delay Mr Walsh, we do apologise, but the documents were sent off to you yesterday, all completed and classification changed. You now officially have a motor home.

Result.