Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 32 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

I've got some carp that sort of size in my garden pond, been there about 12 years. Ironically it is 18 lb breaking strain fishing line protecting them...by it being stretched across the pond to keep the bl**dy herons out!

Though this be madness yet there is method in it ( Polonius in William Shakespeare's Hamlet)

Ok so my phone is a little slow loading pics when not on WiFi

Alex I just read your post as

"Had my first crap today, the size of my hand, a good 8-10lb, put up a bit of a fight!"

Needless to say I was glad when the photos loaded!

Chunky Lover

I read fast. But I struggle reading at all mostly, my head makes up what it want to see!

Anyways...

What made me happy today was just getting back from the F1 simulator place in Gatwick

Bibs, cliff, my father and myself all made the journey over and we had a fab time.

My dad bowed out prior to the start, cliff blew chunks down the leavatory, bibs had a sticky shift and out of 7 people total, one pro, I finished first...

Qualifying was close with only 1 tenth of a second covering me and bibs on the grid, me second and bibs third.

Was a great laugh, I will go again next time I'm local, it was lots of fun!

Chunky Lover

Took my sister's middle kid (12) on the Lotus club drive Sunday.

He had alot of fun, likes spending time with his uncle, and gets along great with new people like the Lotus club members.

He got to sit in an Evora, Elise, and Seven.

Had a full day of driving, some issues with a '67 Elan with a broken axle joint, and a flat on the Seven. Had lunch with the club followed by further driving to Estes Park CO. Played some video games with my nephew,then we visited my mom in the hospital. Later I saw a movie with friends.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

• 2 weeks later...

Well yesterday to be truthful...went to Cadwell Park to an MG race meeting. Never been there before. Marion was marshalling in the pits/ start line area so I got an excellent viewing point.

Got to go around in the course car a few times ( Safety car on standby but wasn't used at all thank goodness). Then because we had driven our car down to the control tower area we had the chance to take it ( carefully so as not to get a bollocking) around the course before leaving for home.

Couldn't go again today as have been playing the organ at a church service but Marion is back there all day.

Fabulous.

Now off in the Esprit to meet up with some Lotus friends for lunch.

Cant be bad way to spend a weekend can it?

Though this be madness yet there is method in it ( Polonius in William Shakespeare's Hamlet)

Fixing my Speedo! It suddenly stopped working last night en-route to the Club Lotus meet in Hinton with Brian Angus speaking. Brian suggested checking out the gearbox take off. Up on the ramp today, it was all easy to see and get at. Saw that the cable collar wasn't propery tight. Took it off, spun up the cable with a cordless drill and proved the cable and head were still working. Reassembled, tighten the collar and greased it up. Test drive proved all tickety boo. I wish all faults were that easy to deal with! :)

Oh and tip of the day. If you use the drill on the cable technique, you need to set the drill in reverse/unscrew/anticlock to get the speedo to register. ;)

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

What made me happy today was finding out that there is a recently-released documentary DVD about one of my favourite bands, which I went to the store and bought and now I'm about to watch it! :D

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

New adj. dampers arrived today :)

What would make me happy tomorrow Sky, is you going back to the old Avatar, with the bird in front of the car, in fact forget the car just post the girl.

I've always admired Czechoslovakian architecture. :yes:

• Like 1

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

LEFty arrived today :)

We will show him a good time here in Norway.

Bjørn

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today - James Dean

"If it isn't leaking, it's empty" - Comment from a British sportscar enthusiast after being made aware of an oil slick under his car

Lotus Car Club Norway (LCCN) - lccn.no

LCCN on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/LotusCarClubNorway/

I got to drive a Bentley Azure today, and drove a Rolls Royce silver seraph last weekend :)

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

• Gold FFM

I finally got the mosaic stones laid on the water feature of our pool. So grout to go and then install the waterblade water feature. Just in time for summer later this year. :yes:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

To counteract the post in the Unhappy thread....

At least I get to see my old friends and my car again :)

AND, I get to open up some prezzies when I get back, namely :

the F1 polo pit shirt & Forum polo shirt I brought in July from TLF shop!

The car poster and burroughs gauge off EBAY that i 'won' in MAY!!

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)