Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 58 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"

Leroy (Satchel) Paige

Ponder it awhile. :B)

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Well....

Another week on and another run out. This time up through the Peak District. Stuck in a bit of traffic at Matlock but otherwise some good roads.

Stopped for Sunday Lunch in Buxton - nice meal outdoors in the glorious weather.

As my wife said at one point - these are the roads for this car!

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

I just turned 70k yesterday and 1k today after a month of engine work / down time but I made up for it :) After 11 years of ownership the old girl had her first flat bed ride and who say's English cars are not reliable?

She got the loving attention that was needed and all is well in Lotus land.

Cheers,

Robert

• 2 weeks later...

My wife organised for us to join the Lotus factory tour yesterday as a suprise. We came up to the factory 18 years ago ( on our honeymoon) to see if there was something similar to be told no by the gate staff. Realy interesting to see how they are all put together. Well worth the visit. There was a lovely looking white S1 and a few other esprits parked in front of the new building.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Did a spot of online Insurance Comparisons as the Family wagon renewall is up tomorrow.

This years Tescos @ renewal is £384.

Identicle policy with Zurich, just paid £167.

:D

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Today was the first day of my new job. My last job lasted 12.5 years as a hearing implant designer. My new job is at the same desk, same computer, same building, same boss, better benefits, same pay... for now... Different company, with a lot more $$$.

My old company's assets were bought after going into bankruptcy, and nearly all of use were offered jobs with the new company.

Once again I am even Steven!

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

That's fantastic, Travis! Great result. :thumbup:

In my own case, my company (an airline) also declared bankruptcy. In fact, I can't think of any major U.S. carrier (except SWA) that didn't eventually do so.....in an era when air travel came to be seen as "an entitlement program." Providing transportation to folks at "below cost" prices isn't conducive to the bottom line over time. Anyway, seeing the writing on the wall, after 27 years I pulled the ejection seat handles in time to protect at least a portion of my retirement plan. And now I watch my "desk" as it flies overhead, use my own computer, in my own building complete with fireplace, rec room, and dog, work for the same female boss who also doubles as cook, enjoy the benefits of a stable circadian rhythm, but for considerably less pay. You know what? The tradeoff was worth it. And standing in the soup kitchen line isn't so bad if you remember to bring your headphones. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I have passed 4 undergraduate courses with the Open University, i need one more to get a degree but that's on hold for the moment.

However, I have just discovered that having gained enough points from these courses I now have a Diploma of Higher Education :)

My official title is now Sue Unsworth DipHE!

I'm doing a BA open degree which means I'm free to study what subjects take my fancy.

As for having the time I'm currently knitting a cardigan and making a top just to keep myself occupied when the boys are at school. I'm no good at doing nothing.

I,m back :-D

sold house back in may, moved to new cottage in august, finally got internet today! :-D

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

The folks at Mad Jake's have been wondering where the hell you went, Dave. The one on the left says she really misses you. :lol:

header.png

pixel.gif

Follow Us:

Welcome to Mad Jake’s Pub & Grub

74431_10150104166392265_221163592264_7194061_6878482_n.jpg

So, now I'm online here's some pics :)

Have gone from this:

balmain.jpg

DSCN2863.jpg

to this

cotfront.jpg

IMG_0584.jpg

IMG_0589.jpg

But most importantly!

from this

IMG_0863.jpg

104-0408_IMG.jpg

to this ....

IMG_0887.jpg

IMG_0685.jpg

I know the garage is no where near the size of some peoples, but it's a vast improvement on what i had :lol:

Edited by Dodgy

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

AHA! Someone else has bought a workshop with living accomodation attached!!! Great stuff...

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

It's all about "priorities," eh, Mr Douglas... :D