Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 64 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

Had a good day in court! The Judge forced some sense into my life so I'll be seeing little avatar man a lot more from now on!  :animier:  :animier:  :animier:  :P  :animier:  :animier:  :animier:

And of course I took on 2 Barristers this round and beat them at their own game!  :whistle:

Good for you mate.

My Niece had the similar court hearing today, here daughter's father didn't bother to attend, as he had no solicitor there was nobody to make his excuse for non-attendance, not failing to complete any of the actions set in either of the previous hearings. He's now out of my Great Niece's life.

So, to those parents that care and want to have good quality time with their child despite separation etc, well done.

Desperate for a winter car I had a speculative look on Ebay and saw a Freelander for less than £1500 so I bought it blind and it drives like new! A bargain hoorah! That's a recession buster with enough left in the bank for the tax man. 

Happy days!  :sorcerer:

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=28802

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Guest surferphil

I ignored that when I saw it, they do this to get people to post on their forum and generate advertising revenue, not much integrity there. The Elise has the same engine..... 

This is what Haymarket said in their magazine (Autocar):

"The Mk1 Land Rover Freelander was launched in 1997 and was an instant hit - it went on to become the biggest-selling four-wheel-drive model in Europe, with over 540,000 units sold over its nine-year lifespan"

Long weekend in the Highlands when the snow arrived early and they opened up Cairngorm 3 weeks earlier than last year. So up we went - glorious.

IMAG0342_zpsf9e45d3a.jpg

IMAG0338_zps1b6c8e7b.jpg

IMAG0341_zps602e949a.jpg

Edited by hedgerley

• Gold FFM

Nice pics Mark, we were up over Ben Nevis at the weekend as it was much the same but maybe no so deep.

Lost my wallet this morning :ouch:  Looked everywhere - nothing doing :sick: Went to the coffee shop I visited this morning, not been handed in ...... :censored:  :censored:  :censored:  :censored:  :censored:  :censored:

Made a list out of all the cards in it - luckily, not that long. Started going cancelling them.

Halfway though when my wife says, "what's this", picking up my wallet from where I'd dropped it :blush: .

I had looked there ...... honest :yes::no   

Anyway, I'm now very happy :happy dance:  :happy dance: :happy dance:  :happy dance:  

Although I've got no cards at all for the moment.

Chris

• Like 1

As happens I got mine down from the shelf this weekend for a browse. Wonderful book. Its one of the Publishers Limited Edition jobs in a nice box with MJK's, Jeremy Walton's and William Taylor's signatures inside the front cover of the book which is leather bound I wonder what its worth, given the limited market?

http://www.coteriepress.com/Products/Lotus-Esprit-The-Official-Story-Publishers-Edition?forumboardid=44&forumtopicid=44

Edited by hedgerley

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Mutley00

I'm currently trying to sell my S4S via a local Dealer / friend. He called me the other day to say a previous owner of my car was walking past the showroom and handed over the original Owners Handbook stamped with Full Service History till 2004.

I now only need to retrieve details from the previous owner between 2004 & 2010 and I have a Full Service History. Been chasing the pr*** for 3 years since he emigrated to Crete without sending me the promised paperwork, so I'm not optimistic, but 'hope springs eternal!' 

Edited by Mutley00
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
Guest surferphil

I have been going through hell with my ex wife for the last 14 months, everything goes through her solicitor, letters of criminal allegations abuse and general c*ntish behaviour, none of which the solicitor toned down, made professional or 'acted in my sons best interest'. She is professionally bound to behave in a professional and productive manner but doesn't, my solicitor was shocked by the letters I received and would not dream of writing such abuse.

I sent a letter to her regarding arrangements to see my son today and got this response:

"Dear Mr Waymouth

Thank you for your letter attached. I have sent it to my client.

I am leaving Prince Evans and today is my last day in the office. Please address all future correspondence to my colleague Satvinder Sokhal who will be taking over this matter. I have copied Ms Sokhal in to this e mail so that you have her address.

Yours sincerely,

Elizabeth Kornat
Solicitor
PRINCE EVANS SOLICITORS LLP"

The best news! So I replied:

"Dear Elizabeth Kornat,

Thank you for letting me know, that's the best news I have had since I first received a letter from you, you have made my day, month, year!
Hopefully you are retiring and the world can sleep at night (I know I will).

Yours sincerely,

Philip Waymouth"

:D:happy dance:  :happy dance:   :animier:  :animier::welcome: :welcome:  :welcome:    :animier:  :animier:  :happy dance:  :happy dance:  :D

• 4 weeks later...

Now this made me smile. Warning - turn the volume down, but not off, as it's the commentary is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=M5dL4DPm-DE

Edited by ChrisJ

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Mutley00

Hathersage open air swimming pool re-opened for the Summer today. Air temp 1.5 deg C (it was snowing!), water temp 24 deg C, then a red hot shower outside in the sun looking up at Stanage rocks. Just wish they hadn't gritted the roads, so left the beast tucked up and went in the Mito, otherwise it would have been completely perfect.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Well I AM HAPPY, after all the trials and tribulations of the Beast, finally getting her running after the best part of two years and then finding the water pump had sprung a leak I was phiscally sick, spewing, looking for a gallon of petrol and a box of matches, so in went another order to PNM for a replacementwater pump, so me thinks back oversea's to work for a month, come home and fix her all over again. So this morning full of good intentions go out to the garage and fire the old bstard up un run her outside. Open the tail gate and have a look to see where to start as the enthusiasm had kind of gone. Well lets disconnect the hoses first I thinks and drain fluid's. Now at this point I would usually have her up on stands and do all the hoses on the inderside first, well as I metioned with the enthusiasm lacking I started at the top, grab the first hose connected to the pump and think, 'why is this hose wet' check the pump pulley, seems ok, check hose clip,  f*********** s*****, f****** cheap hose clips.

Now I am HAPPY, water pump fine, leeks none, water loss, none, just a cheap crappy hose clip had failed.

She has just been for a spirited 12 mile run, well blasted, well tested and came home for final checks.

Oh Joy, oh Happy Boy.

Lotus just dont you love them.

Anyone need a new water pump.

For sale newly completed restored Esprit S3 N/A in Calypso Red with fresh MOT, recon engine plus thousands of pound in other parts to make way for new project, GT Esprit.

Two A 4 pages of whats been replaced and done to her.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Hi Andy, thats about the same as my S3, The wifes Eclat is only £123.45 and thats with a high insurance value due to the cars heritage and two drivers.

• Like 1