Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 77 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

• Gold FFM

Try nearly 5 months of not driving! My S4 has gone flat twice. :(

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Really feel for you Michael, I just had an early morning drive to Aberdeen and back which is 70 odd miles in rush hour traffic and no problem. The strange thing I found is you tend to be more cautious and double check everything, I even stuck to the speed limit on the carriageway which must be a first and of course I had to make the obligatory phone call to Mrs W when I got there and before I left to come back but I can easily put up with that, gees you must be missing it.

Keep positive as you have been and you will also get there, I am surprised at how luck I have been.

• Gold FFM

:thumbsup:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

-ring ring-

"Hello. This is Michael"

"Hello. Am I talking to Mr. (such and such)?"

"Yes. What are you selling?"

"Nothing Sir. I am just going to help you with your electricity bill."

-beep beep beep-

I have hated those tossers for years.  One trick I used to like doing was saying can you hold the line a minute?  Usually "yes" is reply as they think you are interested, so put phone down and walk away.  Not only don't they sell to you they don't annoy others for some considerable time as even if they hang up to you eventually they have their line out still blocked by you (in some cases) Result.   :smoke:

However I should probably have posted this up in here a few weeks back I bought all new phones.  BT 8500's  (No use to you in Oz I guess Michael but for others)  Not expensive and can be bought from BT or John Lewis i see amongst others.  This is BT's Call Guardian system.  You don't even know somebody unknown is calling you as phone doesn't ring unless they are able to speak and press hash.  Instantly blocks all machines.  The sales people don't even bother.  Only if somebody wants you or they are in calling list does the phone start ringing.  Then if an announced call (not somebody in Calling List) you hear who it is and then can send to answer phone or block or actually speak to them.  Brilliant bit of kit.  Has cut our unwanted about 6 or 8 calls a day calls by 100%.  :unworthy:  :thumbsup: Result.  Nice phones to use as well, can talk between them all easily (I have one in garage) and have a good speaker phone facility.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• Gold FFM

They sound great - we get normally 3-4 of these calls a day. We don't even bother answering the house phone anymore.

The mobile still gets the ppi calls - but iPhone lets you block them one number at a time and that's got a lot better

All such calls should be banned - sales calls the lot. Privacy in your own home should not be compromised by this lot.

It's even more annoying when you answer the phone and you can't even understand what they are saying.......

Only here once

Took my eleven on a local lotus club early morning run today.

100 miles of twisty mountain roads, Just heaven.

Kept up with evoras, elises, elans.

Needed some throttle steering in the tighter corners,

So good for the soul!

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Moderators, please feel free to delete from the unhappy post, I stuck it in the wrong one, must have been overexcited.

What made me happy today, well can I cover the last four day's please.

Day No1, Given the all clear to drive again.

Day No 2. Step son got married and it all went without a hitch which was great as we thought we may have a problem due to what I had just gone through,  the party completed at midnight and I abstained from booze as I had to drive to Duns early next morning.

Day No 3. Wendy and I went to Duns for the weekend.

Day No 4.At the end of the final day at Duns we were invited into the VIP room for tea with Sir Jackie Stewart who then went on to sign Wend's Lotus cap and a further autograph, brilliant and what a gent, photos will be posted later.

Culmination of Day No 4 arriving home to find the new S3 had been delivered and it absolutely blood stunning, other than a slip bit of stitching on the drivers seat, you would think it had never been sat in, what I was told was damage on the rear n/s quarter turned out to be a tiny scuff mark which to po had polished out prior to collection. Opened the boot to find a complete new s/s exhaust and bands. Looked in the passenger's side and find a box full of new spares including several new air and oil filters, 2 x 5lt of oil, new fuel pumps, ignition parts and more.

What made me happy to day, all of the above.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Unhappy thread fixed. :)

Sunday 17th driving to Lorne and back with my daughter. I can't drive like I used to at the moment, but I drove. :)

post-4653-0-20986000-1431929003.jpg

• Gold FFM

Great news Michael. my probs are far far less than yours but I know what you mean, you have to concentrate more and you do tire, I was knackered when we got home after near 200 miles and 4 hours  but it's great feeling to be behind the wheel of our toy's. It gives a great feeling of fulfillment for something most probably take for granted. Now just got to get the new one on the road instead of running the wives car.

Well John I was going to post that attending the Jim Clark memorial at Duns made me happy yesterday, but realising I missed the VIP dinner perhaps I should post in the "unhappy" section ;) Seriously well done, it was an awesome day/weekend in general, wish I'd known you were there. I got to shake Jackie's hand (amongst several thousand others) but had nothing on hand to sign. Next time maybe, in 2018 ^_^.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

• Gold FFM

Bibs, I recon you will have to wait a long time for the bond car to appear.

Took my eleven on a local lotus club early morning run today.

100 miles of twisty mountain roads, Just heaven.

Kept up with evoras, elises, elans.

Needed some throttle steering in the tighter corners,

So good for the soul!

post-18680-0-30370100-1432035705.jpg

VERY COOL Lotus Eleven !!!

Many years ago, here in Seattle, there was an 11 for-sale so my brother and I went to look at it. Unfortunately we weren't the first to get there and a guy ahead of us said he was " for sure" going to buy it. He was 6' 3" and didn't fit the car with the steering wheel on. lol

We left thinking he was going to buy but he didn't. Other wise, I would, no doubt, own one to this day as it is one of my favorites from Lotus.He only wanted $750.00 dollars for it, back in the 60's. ugggggg

Hi Laura & Bibs,

I can see you :welcome: ....... well we can see Lanzarote clearly.  We are anchored over at Las Palmas, Gran Canarias.  If you come over on the fast ferry for a days shopping trip we are the middle of the 3 drillships just to south side of harbour looking bored and forlorn ;):pirate:  :tumbleweed:

Edit: Hope your weather is better than ours! Blowing a hoolie and overcast here.  It is very localised weather patterns in the Canaries though.

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

We're the other side of the island but may have been able to spot you from the top of the volcano last night. Pop off a couple of your big flares, I'll let you know if I spot them looking SSW about 200 miles away :lol:

Windy but sunny here, it's been a lovely day.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

:thumbup:  More like St. Andrews on a shitty summers day here. Enjoy the hols. :wine::cheers: