Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Donny Convoy Sat 18th April - Page 2 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Donny Convoy Sat 18th April

Kimbers

Count me in, managed to get room at thistle hotel,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,looking forward to saturday,

1. Kimbers

2. fsroswell

3. sparky & Tracy

4. Martyn

5. internets

6 Chris (Cole)

7 Dave and Megan

Dave

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent. A proper convoy indeed!

Anyone want to post a route up? Can't remember which way we went last year, except it involved being stuck in traffic and an exploding Elan...or was that the year before?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Sorry guys, change of plans due to some sh1t bug thing that I cant seen to shift. Have decided to cancel Hotel reservation as cant drink alcohol or eat anything much but hope to drive up early Saturday just for the day if up to it. :)

Can't remember which way we went last year, except it involved being stuck in traffic...

It's your choice mate, but you are chosing to travel up when the roads

are all busy and there's not much space left in the lotus carpark at the

show.

:rofl:

I'm leaving at 7.30 am. Going across country on open roads. Speeding

up after overtaking and making progress (rather than waiting for another

ten cars to do the same), and rolling into the carpark just as the first rasher

of bacon hits the grill.

:D

If it was further, i'd leave at 5am to get a good clear run, like on the factory

days. Why chose to convoy in traffic when you have 165mph cars?

If i slept in and had to leave the time you are going, i'd be absolutely gutted.

Set the alarm and let your cars fly! It's a plan!!!

:)

Is there much on Saturday? as I can't make Sunday due to a Family commitment.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Anyone want to post a route up? Can't remember which way we went last year, except it involved being stuck in traffic and an exploding Elan...or was that the year before?

The roadworks on the M1 seem to have finally finished, at least on the bit we will be using so:

M25 (8 miles) to M1

M1 (93 miles) to J23a A42

A42 (2 miles) to A453

A453 (4 miles) to Donington

The AA reckon 1Hr 56Min but my sat nav says 1Hr 33Min, so somewhere in between I supose.

Martyn :)

So That will be 1hr 02mins for us then Martyn!! :)

I look forward to seeing you all circa 11-11.30 at South Mimms Services dependant on traffic and when I drag my ass outta bed!

FYI we normally meet down the far end and towards the back to avoid any nasty parking too close to the drivers door incidents!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

So That will be 1hr 02mins for us then Martyn!! :D

:rofl: Gasp !, I take it we won't be using public roads then :rofl: . Of course if we knew someone with a brightly coloured Exige they could distract the attention of you know who, whilst we Esprit drivers speed off into the distance ! Mind you we'd never find anyone like that would we :rofl: .

I'll PM you my mobile number in case you get stuck somewhere etc... See you in the morning.

Martyn :)

PS: Kimbers is right about the parking, so as soon as you enter the car park head for the trees on the far side in front of you.

• Gold FFM

Trevor kindly gave me a ride today, for my first outing since hospital, to South Mimms to see the guys off and shed a tear (for the lager I'll be missing) as I watched them roar into the distance. Took a few pics:

DSC_0316.jpg

DSC_0319.jpg

DSC_0323.jpg

DSC_0325.jpg

DSC_0326.jpg

DSC_0327.jpg

DSC_0330.jpg

DSC_0339.jpg

DSC_0342.jpg

DSC_0363.jpg

DSC_0364.jpg

DSC_0366.jpg

DSC_0367.jpg

Have a beer for me, guys!

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Who's is the black one, I really like it, I'm toying with having mine done black, not cool in the Australian sun, but looks way cool! :)

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

That's Dave Freeman's car, it's a minter :)

Don't forget the carpet :)

Sorry Dave but as we all know its Mark's fault :lol:

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

Erh sorry about that Dave. You know about the carpet thingy. Erh also sorry about taking the micky taking about your bad bay parking. (Obviously you dont shop at tescos) Oh and sorry about the tannoy call, for you to go outside because your mummy is waiting for you.

Hope you dont hold it against me for the rest of your life!!

:)

No problem Mark, it was good to spend time with you guys and get to know you. Looking forward to seeing you car, we'll arrange a time.

I'll be working on a pubic hair response in due course.

Take care Mate, talk with you soon.

Best regards

Dave