Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Essex Esprit - Page 22 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Essex Esprit

nello

Bell Jet Ranger 206B-2 registered by Bell as N1453W, transferred to UK as G-AYTF, transferred to Belgium as OO-COB, Civil Helicopter Register of Belgium 2018 not registered as inactive.

KAH 540V Lotus Esprit Dev. 2, SCCDC20A0AHD10859, Essex Colours, mot expired October 2015, last mot 29th October 2014 87,344 miles, SORN.

Has this thread been running that long Bibs! :P

C'mon Steve - if that Essex chopper is 'not registered as Inactive' you need to get it to match the wheels :lol: I'd like to see you do that resto!

Edited by nello

39 minutes ago, nello said:

Has this thread been running that long Bibs! :P

C'mon Steve - if that Essex chopper is 'not registered as Inactive' you need to get it to match the wheels :lol: I'd like to see you do that resto!

The records say that it's rotor blades haven't fell off. 

• Gold FFM

Took a photo in the late 80 s of a blue Essex reg no VFN662 in my home town of Newent in Gloucestershire, just wondered if its still in existence?

Not got that reg.No. on my list Paul but many cars had multiple differing plates on during their time. Essex number (on the rear 3/4) would be better? Any chance of sharing the photo on here? We lurve Essex images on this one B-)

Edited by nello

When I looked on their website I couldn't see the edition (with the Ford Focus in the main image). Which month is it in @JNW3?

Great coverage.

• Like 1

Thanks guys! It's the April issue of Modern Classics and came out earlier this week so will be on shelf now :) 

• Gold FFM

that Princess parked behind it shows how mad it was back then to see an Esprit. 1981 I saw one ( the Esprit not the other pile of ........) as I walked to school totally blew me away and from that day it was the only car for me. 36 years later I got one. I do love an Essex 

• Like 1

Great stuff Paul - that's a cracker B-) Love period shots like that. We just need to establish which number Essex that was now. That reg. is not on any of the original registrations on my list.

As an aside - my Dad had two Princess's - one exactly the same colour as that. He had all sorts as company cars and I used to love sitting on the drive in his latest acquisition looking at it all.

Seem to remember being very impressed by the velour armrest that was a very strange purpley-blue?!

• Gold FFM
On 3/2/2018 at 13:08, Veilside said:

Bell Jet Ranger 206B-2 registered by Bell as N1453W, transferred to UK as G-AYTF, transferred to Belgium as OO-COB, Civil Helicopter Register of Belgium 2018 not registered as inactive.

KAH 540V Lotus Esprit Dev. 2, SCCDC20A0AHD10859, Essex Colours, mot expired October 2015, last mot 29th October 2014 87,344 miles, SORN.

Wow, that close. Our old Eclat, now owned by Sold Dave was registered KAH 543V and originally owned by Team Lotus and registered to none other than Andrew Ferguson when she was Gold. Underwent a restoration in the mid 90's and was changed to Yellow.

IMG_20141221_120505_1.thumb.jpg.84c1ba15c426adac3a6955643e001234.jpg

• Gold FFM
26 minutes ago, cbclotus said:

Hi Paul great pictures .Thanks for posting them ....What a car .....Mike ....Got to love your gt3

Hi Mike

If i have the right Mike, i spoke to you at the Silverstone Classic a few years ago and showed you some pics on my phone of my GT3 which you seemed to think you had driven in the past.

Cheers Paul 

Could the one Paul saw back then be Mark Thatchers old car as it’s the only one that I’ve ever seen with colour coded bumpers and mirrors?  I see the front decal is missing on this car at the time of the photos.

I never even spotted that Stephen - could be although this one which I presume is No.100 seems to show they were black on delivery - 

14694505728_c50eacf029_b.jpg

I know it was registered as UAH 271W when new - its the ex Ken Baird - now Graham Harrison car. 

• Gold FFM
3 minutes ago, cbclotus said:

Hi Paul Wrong Mike ......Funny I thought the same  as  Stephan. Ref decals etc ..Mike..

Sorry for any confusion

Just my 2 pennies worth, i think the colour coded bumpers suit it more than the black ones. (I hope i don't get struck off for such heresy )   

• Gold FFM
19 minutes ago, PAUL GURNEY said:

Sorry for any confusion

Just my 2 pennies worth, i think the colour coded bumpers suit it more than the black ones. (I hope i don't get struck off for such heresy )   

What ??😱😱😱

its like that Shakespeare play ......

Only here once